D1-MIUI.us 1.5.27

nurlip

Reaction score
Yes, I use Google Voice along with GoogleVoice Callback and they both do not work. GV Callback is suppose to connect the call using my google voice phone number an callme back with it whenever i make an outgoing call, but the GV callback app wont initiate anymore.

It's not GB ROM's because it's worked on all other GB ROM's...just not MIUI.

I think I've posted this before, but not sure if it got responded to...

p.s. GV sms still works & GV VM transcription still works. notification of new messages for both are horrible though...sometimes i wont get a notification until 4 hrs later unless i manually refresh...but i think thats more the apps fault

Same with me. using GV sms works fine and i can still get calls to my google voice number on my phone and voicemail transcription still works. the notification has been sketchy since i rooted my phone so its either the app itself, the app running on a rooted phone or both (or something else..). its just been hard to get people to call my GV number so when they see my old number they always call that number back and send SMS to it as well. i'm glad i get the calls/messages but if they use GV all of that is free (in terms of minutes and sms) thanks to verizon's My Circle or whatever its called. Its not a huge issue just wondering if it was a known issue and apparently it is (by some at least) so i'll just keep hoping for a fix and enjoying Miui awesomeness until then.

texstar420

Reaction score
Has anybody else experienced their phone freezing while trying the new HOT REBOOT option? Nice option when it works.

Known issue, listed in OP. (thanks for reading ;) )
My bad I must have missed that one. Not complaining was just wondering. Thanks and I'll look closer next time. Besides that it is running much better then other builds.

Although I have been getting a strange force close for the launcher when I first boot. But I will read to see if that is a known issue also.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Although I have been getting a strange force close for the launcher when I first boot. But I will read to see if that is a known issue also.

I haven't gotten a launcher FC. Does it happen on every boot? Did you restore any apps outside of Miui Backup? Are you running a theme?

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Yes, I use Google Voice along with GoogleVoice Callback and they both do not work. GV Callback is suppose to connect the call using my google voice phone number an callme back with it whenever i make an outgoing call, but the GV callback app wont initiate anymore.

It's not GB ROM's because it's worked on all other GB ROM's...just not MIUI.

I think I've posted this before, but not sure if it got responded to...

p.s. GV sms still works & GV VM transcription still works. notification of new messages for both are horrible though...sometimes i wont get a notification until 4 hrs later unless i manually refresh...but i think thats more the apps fault

Same with me. using GV sms works fine and i can still get calls to my google voice number on my phone and voicemail transcription still works. the notification has been sketchy since i rooted my phone so its either the app itself, the app running on a rooted phone or both (or something else..). its just been hard to get people to call my GV number so when they see my old number they always call that number back and send SMS to it as well. i'm glad i get the calls/messages but if they use GV all of that is free (in terms of minutes and sms) thanks to verizon's My Circle or whatever its called. Its not a huge issue just wondering if it was a known issue and apparently it is (by some at least) so i'll just keep hoping for a fix and enjoying Miui awesomeness until then.

Same here I use hancent sometimes sms alerts will work once after rebooting then again no alerts....?????

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Those of you not getting alerts with another sms app (gvoice, hancent, chomp, etc). Have you tried locking the app in memory to see if that fixes it?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
The only problem I have with the GB MIUI roms is losing data. I can call and text, just no emails (very important), apps and internet. It just happens randomly and all I have to do is reboot. That is the only thing keeping this from being my daily rom.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

PARick

Reaction score
The only problem I have with the GB MIUI roms is losing data. I can call and text, just no emails (very important), apps and internet. It just happens randomly and all I have to do is reboot. That is the only thing keeping this from being my daily rom.

Have you locked your email into memory?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
No, I have not. I don't want to sound like a fool, but how do you do that?

PARick

Reaction score
No, I have not. I don't want to sound like a fool, but how do you do that?

In the OP. here it is:

LOCKAPP / UNLOCKAPP INFO
Run lockapp script in terminal or from gscript. Both scripts are located in /system/xbin. Both scripts take a single argument, the process name. For example the Miui Music player has the process name com.miui.player. You can find process names for most installed apps under /data/app (just drop the -1.apk from the name listing).

To lock an app in memory you run lockapp PROCESS. For example, to lock the Miui Music player into memory, run 'lockapp com.miui.player' As a warning, Do not lock more than 1 app in memory. To lock an app in memory, the app has to be running. If the process is not running, the script will inform you.

Once an app is locked into memory, the only way to remove it from memory is to kill the process. The unlockapp does extactly that. It is run with the same arguement, unlockapp PROCESS. If you wanted to unlock the Miui Music player from memory, run 'unlockapp com.miui.player' This will kill the app you are unlocking from memory. If you want it to run the background unlocked, you will have to re-run the app.

Works for my touchdown exchange.

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Thanks! Ill have to reflash and try that.

DROOIID

Reaction score
I am very surprised that no one has brought up anything about the new super user app? First of all, i dont understand why it lists all apps that connect to the internet, the Chinese doesnt help. I dont expect a fix or anything, i was just bringing it up so the app gets translated next build.

Like everyone else has posted, this build is running so smoooth and havent had problems yet. Keep up the good work you two. dancedroid

texstar420

Reaction score

I haven't gotten a launcher FC. Does it happen on every boot? Did you restore any apps outside of Miui Backup? Are you running a theme?

nope not running any themes. I would say about 90% of the time I reboot it happens. I will try to reflash.

Magiman7 I am new to link2sd. I was wondering because I am coming from cm7, what is the best way to restore apps. Do I have to redownload one by one? Can I restore my sd-ext partition and somehow get by apps back that way. I have tried using miui backup and I get errors sometimes. I originally used Titanium Backup and it seemed to work much better.

Please let me know the best way to restore apps. BTW Link2sd takes a pretty long time to set back up after a reflash.

qkpony

Reaction score
Just installed sofar only issue is I use slide it keyboard as default and had to stop because after first reboot it foreclosed all the time even when not useing it. It would pop-up saying slideit keyboard forceclose.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just installed sofar only issue is I use slide it keyboard as default and had to stop because after first reboot it foreclosed all the time even when not useing it. It would pop-up saying slideit keyboard forceclose.

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling from market?

qkpony

Reaction score
That seamed to have worked. Thanks didn't think of that thus is about the third restore from backup and first time it didn't work thanks.