MIUI.us-Droid-1.6.10.1

toastedoats

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with random duplicate app icons appearing; especially after a reboot?

How about an app icon (my Pulse news app) completely disappearing from the home screens, even though the app is installed and shows in the Manage Applications Downloaded list? The disappearing act continues after multiple uninstalls, reinstalls and reboots. Anybody know what gives? Magiman, TP?

Running stock theme with Chevy’s 1.0Ghz-med kernel.

This was happening to me as well, even after moving all the apps around to look for overlayed icons and reboots I was still having issues with some not showing up, especially the Gapps. I have reverted back to 1.6.3 for the time being. Also, gmail contacts not syncing....

Running fresh install with stock kernel

Last edited:

g_what

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing weird battery percentage jumps? My battery percent jumps from 70% to 50% and from 20% to 5%. Anyone having a similar issue or know how to fix this?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

I haven't noticed any major jumps until my battery gets low. I have had my battery jump from 50 to 20 to 15 after using the browser w/ wifi for 10 mins. I am using CPU Tuner with slightly adjusted values from default with the stock kernel. I keep wanting to compare Prime's and Chevy's kernels, but I never seem to get around to it until another Friday shows up and the building starts all over again.

I have been using CPU Tuner with slightly modified profiles from the default it comes set on. I don't know if CPU Tuner will help. It is basically SetCPU with some default profiles. It may have a few more profile tweaks, but it doesn't have the benchmarking or information screens. CPU Tuner is free however, so worth trying if you aren't already using SetCPU.
I already use SetCPU, but thak you for the suggestion. Also, I am using the stock kernel because I have never wanted or felt like I needed another one.

With this release of MIUI the battery percentage jumps are inconsistent. Yesterday, for example, the battery went down incrimentally like normal (70-60-50). The day before It jumped from 70 to 50.

I was on 5.27 before I switched to 6.10. With 5.27, every day without fail my battery percent would jump from 40% to 20%. It would stay on 40% for (what seemed like) a strangely long time, almost like it was just showing 40% even after the battery was actually down to 30%.

These are just my observations. Other than the battery issue (which isn't really a big deal to me), this build is by far the best. Absolutely no problems thusfar.

Thank you for doing such a fantastic job with MIUI!

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with random duplicate app icons appearing; especially after a reboot?

How about an app icon (my Pulse news app) completely disappearing from the home screens, even though the app is installed and shows in the Manage Applications Downloaded list? The disappearing act continues after multiple uninstalls, reinstalls and reboots. Anybody know what gives? Magiman, TP?

Running stock theme with Chevy’s 1.0Ghz-med kernel.

This happened to me on the first boot. Sometimes it puts apps on top of other apps. Look closely for that, if that's the case you can move the top one off it. If this is the problem, it shouldn't continue (at least not for me.)

It’s happening repeatedly, so I made a folder for the duplicate icons and whenever one shows up, I just drop it in there.

To open the apps whose icons have disappeared from the home screens (now there’s 2, Pulse and You Tube), I use Swipe Pad. I assigned each to open as an Activity via Launcher Pro from Swipe Pad (even though I don’t use Launcher Pro as my default launcher).

Like any relationship worth putting time into, my love for Miui’s got me thinking on my feet…lol.

BTW, if anyone hasn’t checked out Swipe Pad, you should. It’s a multi-tasker’s best friend!

I’m hoping the duplicate and disappearing icons are just bugs in this build that’ll be cleared up soon. I almost went back to 1.6.3.0, but the Swipe Pad work around and duplicate icon folder have addressed the bug frustration enough for me to stay with this build until 1.6.17; because everything else is super-smooth.

Thanks Magiman and TP for your hard work.

Last edited:

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
I've been running this version for 5 days now, and I'm noticing that as of last night and all today, it has gotten very slow and lags a lot. I haven't changed any settings, nor added any other apps, so I'm inclined to think it's the ROM, or how it's interacting with the memory or kernel or something. It started off really fast and snappy. I'll try a different kernel and see what happens.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
For those experiencing lag try this from terminal (or adb shell if you prefer)

su
compcache stop
handle_compcache
exit

That may help if you have had your phone on for multiple days and it starts to lag. Report back if it helps or not. If it helps I will see what I can do to add this option default in future builds.