MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I run corcors PE lv 1100
All of Peter Alphonses (bugless beast), and corcors kernels work with compcache on this rom

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw magiman, can you please replace the regular browser with the modified browser that has user switching capabilities that's found in many other roms in your next release? I really like the user agent switching but really don't like the other browser apps from the market...I don't want/need anything extra besides the ability to automatically view web pages as desktop

chewy74

Reaction score
fyi, you can customize the deprimed kernel to whatever speed you want it...it comes default at 900 but can go up as high as you want it. I have my set at 1100

That could very well be the issue there, for almost any battery saving tweaks you sacrifice something in performance...I don't notice too much because I run a much faster kernel...btw just an fyi Zeppelinrox is updating his supercharger settings so you might wanna put the updated settings into the next build (if he has them worked out by then)

Which kernel are you using?? I've been on deprimed but it only goes to 900

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I can't get my TiBu to gain root access. Its says it has been granted superuser access, but the app itself says otherwise. I've used TiBu for all the other builds with no problems

chewy74

Reaction score
did you open up SU app and check to see if TB is in the authorized list?

cowsquad

Reaction score
Great rom as usual. Only issues sem to already be talked about:

1. Really bad battery life
(although I have been using my phone more today)
2. Screen always turns on when I get a SMS
(even with the setting turned off)

Regarding to the screen always turning on, even with the settings toggled off. I found that is caused by the new lockscreens. I switched backk to old screen and my screen stays off, so I'm sure is the new lockscreen causing this

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Kung Pow
Try the following steps and you should be good to go to and if not, just let me know.

I recommend that you go to app management in settings and force stop TiBu and delete data and cache but keep Tango. (movie reference)
The data is safe even though you cleared it, because it is also stored in a sub folder of the data folder that's on your accessible part your SD.
Then start it up again and TiBu should be all good.
If the problem remains, go back to app management and this time stop and clear TiBu again and then do the same with superuser app in all column of app management.
This will result in you having to re open all su rights requesting apps and accept su rights for all.
That should pretty much solve the problem if the first suggestion wasn't a success.

Report back any problems or progress.

And of course you can always try to do an uninstall TiBu and then reinstall.

Hope this works for you

I can't get my TiBu to gain root access. Its says it has been granted superuser access, but the app itself says otherwise. I've used TiBu for all the other builds with no problems

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Btw magiman, can you please replace the regular browser with the modified browser that has user switching capabilities that's found in many other roms in your next release? I really like the user agent switching but really don't like the other browser apps from the market...I don't want/need anything extra besides the ability to automatically view web pages as desktop

Is the modified browser included with CM7?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
Kung Pow
Try the following steps and you should be good to go to and if not, just let me know.

I recommend that you go to app management in settings and force stop TiBu and delete data and cache but keep Tango. (movie reference)
The data is safe even though you cleared it, because it is also stored in a sub folder of the data folder that's on your accessible part your SD.
Then start it up again and TiBu should be all good.
If the problem remains, go back to app management and this time stop and clear TiBu again and then do the same with superuser app in all column of app management.
This will result in you having to re open all su rights requesting apps and accept su rights for all.
That should pretty much solve the problem if the first suggestion wasn't a success.

Report back any problems or progress.

And of course you can always try to do an uninstall TiBu and then reinstall.

Hope this works for you

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

Thanks brother, worked like a charm.........now I better get back to work

g_what

Reaction score
Great rom as usual. Only issues sem to already be talked about:

1. Really bad battery life
(although I have been using my phone more today)
2. Screen always turns on when I get a SMS
(even with the setting turned off)

Regarding to the screen always turning on, even with the settings toggled off. I found that is caused by the new lockscreens. I switched backk to old screen and my screen stays off, so I'm sure is the new lockscreen causing this

Good catch! I must admit though, the appeal of the new lockscreen outweighs my dislike of the screen turning on for SMS.

*Here's to hoping the new lockscreen is fixed soon*

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

Is the modified browser included with CM7?

I think it is, I know simply stunning has it and Chevy's builds are CM7 based

fox_dye

Reaction score
Everything looks great and its running perfect. I'm getting great battery life but my phone is not activated and is only running off WiFi so that might be part of the reason I'm getting good battery life. Haven't had any issues with it so far keep up the good work guys.

jchammer123

Reaction score
Just wanted to share.....this is my first time trying out MIUI and I could barely stand it at first. It was extremely laggy and slow. Then I installed Chevys 1ghz kernel and ran the supercharger script and now I'm loving it! What a nice change from the normal rom. The interface features are fantastic and I'm having very minor issues now. But nothing I can't fix or deal with! Excellent job guys!

Edit- Oh, and I love the camera!

Last edited:

DROOIID

Reaction score
Just wanted to share.....this is my first time trying out MIUI and I could barely stand it at first. It was extremely laggy and slow. Then I installed Chevys 1ghz kernel and ran the supercharger script and now I'm loving it! What a nice change from the normal rom. The interface features are fantastic and I'm having very minor issues now. But nothing I can't fix or deal with! Excellent job guys!

Edit- Oh, and I love the camera!

Is there a reason why you didn't flash the newest build....1.7.1? Its stickied.