MIUI.us-Sholes-1.6.24.0

DROOIID

Reaction score
I use the app... what I do is hit the menu button and then go to view in browser. Works everytime

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
I am using the DroidForums app and the main download is a image and not a link. I have to save the image and restore my qr scanner to download. The mod eri and lockscreens are links. Is this only me?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

The image (download button) should have a link associated with it. I haven't used the droidforums app, so I never tried it. So you are saying that the droidforum app doesn't associate the url link when it is applied to images? You can just click on the download button?

Yes, it doesn't associate the link with the image. You have to open in browser or qr scan.

I think this started with the June builds

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a small request that I'm sure quite a few other people might like too...could you replace the stock browser app with the slightly modified one that allows for user agent switching? I know a lot of other gingerbread roms include this and I know I'd really like it for sites Id really prefer to view as desktop

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I have noticed on this build as well as last weeks that my phone seems to be sluggish when waking up after being idle for a period of time. I believe the issue is a change I made last week in build.prop to try to save some battery life.

If you are noticing the same behavior on your phone, try editing build.prop and commenting out these two lines to see if it helps:
ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0
pm.sleep_mode=1

If this seems to help, I will remove these in future builds.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
That could very well be the issue there, for almost any battery saving tweaks you sacrifice something in performance...I don't notice too much because I run a much faster kernel...btw just an fyi Zeppelinrox is updating his supercharger settings so you might wanna put the updated settings into the next build (if he has them worked out by then)

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Another performance tweak that may help some of you if your phone is lagging. With the limited RAM in the D1, you can have very smooth performance by killing all background tasks and keeping a large amount of memory free or you can have some lag while trying to spread the memory between background tasks to keep them running.

I have been trying with most of my memory tweaks to push in the area of multitasking because of all the complaints with gb killing background tasks. With the lasts two builds of MIUI, it seems those tweaks may be asking for too much.

If your phone is experiencing lag, try entering the following command in terminal

su
echo 4096 > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes

That should help reduce the lag, however, it will probably affect multitasking performance. Unfortunately you can't have it all with new software and old hardware :(

The change will not stick through a reboot, so if this affects performance negatively for you, just reboot and you will be back to stock. If this change does help, you will have to enter it again after each reboot to keep it.

This change will probably be made in future releases.

I will definitely keep an eye on any changes Zeppelinrox makes to his script and see how they work with our MIUI builds.

Superdan2481

Reaction score
Ive got to Say Hands Down Best Build An Best GB release Out there! My phone Run great yesterday! went to The beach all Day for my BDAY an it lasted from the Morning All the way Till this Morning With 20% Still! Honestly Everything Worked!!! an I even Could receive Phone calls! LoL this was With minimal Brower Usage But All in All I am VERY pleased!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana:dancedroiddancedroid Thank you For giving Me a Working Phone with New Software On my Old friend! Going Strong Since Release Date!!!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Another performance tweak that may help some of you if your phone is lagging. With the limited RAM in the D1, you can have very smooth performance by killing all background tasks and keeping a large amount of memory free or you can have some lag while trying to spread the memory between background tasks to keep them running.

I have been trying with most of my memory tweaks to push in the area of multitasking because of all the complaints with gb killing background tasks. With the lasts two builds of MIUI, it seems those tweaks may be asking for too much.

If your phone is experiencing lag, try entering the following command in terminal

su

That should help reduce the lag, however, it will probably affect multitasking performance. Unfortunately you can't have it all with new software and old hardware :(

The change will not stick through a reboot, so if this affects performance negatively for you, just reboot and you will be back to stock. If this change does help, you will have to enter it again after each reboot to keep it.

Have you tried other values too? Like maybe a compromise for performance and multitasking would be averaging the stock value and that 4096?
Just a suggestion to possibly try :)

Edit: btw to make that fix permanent, copy/paste
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
into /system/etc/init.d/01sysctl with root explorer

Last edited:
OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have you tried other values too? Like maybe a compromise for performance and multitasking would be averaging the stock value and that 4096?
Just a suggestion to possibly try :)

Edit: btw to make that fix permanent, copy/paste
echo "4096" > /proc/sys/vm/min_free_kbytes;
into /system/etc/init.d/01sysctl with root explorer

I haven't tried too many other values. I believe default is 1991, so you could try values between there. I can only test how these changes affect my typical phone use. So I post it here so others can test this change and report back how it affects their phone and then I can know what to try going forward.

Card

Reaction score
Well, my D1 finally bit the bullet, but thanks MIUI folks for making it's last few months fun!

I'll be back when the Incredible 2 gets unlocked and I see MIUI available!

g_what

Reaction score

su

I will definitely keep an eye on any changes Zeppelinrox makes to his script and see how they work with our MIUI builds.
This was soooo helpful! Thank you! I'm not super big on multitasking, so keeping a bunch of things open in the background is kinda pointless for me.

g_what

Reaction score
I just noticed that when I receive text messages my screen turns on. I use Handcent. I turned off all notifications for the MIUI Messaging app. I have the Handcent settings configured so the screen is not supposed to turn on. Does this version of the ROM have a setting I am unaware of for receiving messages?? I'd appreciate any help with the situation.

Edit:
I guess I should mention that I do not want my screen turning on when I receive a text.

Last edited:

cowsquad

Reaction score
I just noticed that when I receive text messages my screen turns on. I use Handcent. I turned off all notifications for the MIUI Messaging app. I have the Handcent settings configured so the screen is not supposed to turn on. Does this version of the ROM have a setting I am unaware of for receiving messages?? I'd appreciate any help with the situation.

Edit:
I guess I should mention that I do not want my screen turning on when I receive a text.

Make sure that miui SMS notification screen wake up is set.off on miui.

cowsquad

Reaction score
I'm having poor battery life with miui.us 1.6.24. Im getting 5 hours with moderate using. I went back to 1.6.17, I feel like that version is the most stable one :)