MIUI.us-1.6.3.0

illmatic636

Reaction score
I uninstalled then reinstalled and working fine now

my Gmail is FC-ing. What do you mean by uninstall? did you just wipe with ROM Manager and reinstall the ROM again?

Thank you

Forget that.

Go into Settings/applications/managed app/ select the all tab at the top and locate Gmail. Select it/then delete data. you should be able to go back into gmail and sync your stuff up.

chewy74

Reaction score
@illmatic636,i actually tried the wiping data first and still got the FC. so i removed and then installed again.

@zmaster, just uninstall it like you would any market app (assuming its not a system app) if it is a system app use root explorer and navigate to /system/app and mount rw and just delete the gmail.apk then reboot and got to the market and install gmail.

thats what resolved it for me

I uninstalled then reinstalled and working fine now

my Gmail is FC-ing. What do you mean by uninstall? did you just wipe with ROM Manager and reinstall the ROM again?

Thank you

Forget that.

Go into Settings/applications/managed app/ select the all tab at the top and locate Gmail. Select it/then delete data. you should be able to go back into gmail and sync your stuff up.

zmaster

Reaction score
@illmatic636,i actually tried the wiping data first and still got the FC. so i removed and then installed again.

@zmaster, just uninstall it like you would any market app (assuming its not a system app) if it is a system app use root explorer and navigate to /system/app and mount rw and just delete the gmail.apk then reboot and got to the market and install gmail.

Thank you

Forget that.

chewy, i did just that. its fixed now. Big thank you!

illmatic636

Reaction score

Thank you

Forget that.

glad you got it resolved

zmaster

Reaction score

Forget that.

glad you got it resolved

Thank you.
Do you have any recomendation for custom kernel? I seems to have problem with latest Chevy's kernel: ChevyNo1-1.1Ghz-lowV-7slot-update.
After flashing this one phone stock in "M". I flashed it through ROM Manager, which lately does not really do great jobs with MIUI ROMs. it pain on the b.. to do old way by renaming to "update..." and loaded from recovery.

chewy74

Reaction score
^have you tried RZRecovery? its a revamped version of SPR with way more features

zmaster

Reaction score
^have you tried RZRecovery? its a revamped version of SPR with way more features
No, i did not know about it. can you tell me where to get it and how to install it on the phone?

chewy74

Reaction score
its in the RaidZero ROM section under recovery and its in a flashable Update.zip format you can use your current recovery to flash

No, i did not know about it. can you tell me where to get it and how to install it on the phone?

Reaction score

Here’s the link. Installation instructions are in the O.P. Use the RZR-2.0.3-update.zip. Like Chewy said, flash it from CWM.

However I suggest reading through as much of the thread as you can before you use it. It’s a long read, but doing so will help you become familiar with RZrecovery before you install and use it, and the read will strengthen your overall understanding of Android OS:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/raidzero/107195-recovery-rzr-spr-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

zmaster

Reaction score

zmaster

Reaction score

Here’s the link. Installation instructions are in the O.P. Use the RZR-2.0.3-update.zip. Like Chewy said, flash it from CWM.

However I suggest reading through as much of the thread as you can before you use it. It’s a long read, but doing so will help you become familiar with RZrecovery before you install and use it, and the read will strengthen your overall understanding of Android OS:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/raidzero/107195-recovery-rzr-spr-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html
Thank you for the link and info!

Reaction score
I appreciate all the compliments, but mostly glad that it is working your phone. I really don't want to put out something that causes problems on anybody's phone, that is my biggest concern.

You have a great attitude. Your integrity is refreshing. Thanks for the port. It’s running very smooth and fast. The best one yet in my experience, they get better every time. The additions and fine tuning you and T.P. have made over the last few ports appear to be paying off.

Do you have any experience with Jrizzill’s Mod, and if so would you mind sharing your thoughts about it? I used it regularly with the Miui Froyo builds and found it that it provided a distinct performance boost. I stopped using it after the move to Gingerbread. He’s recently updated it and states that it “Supports Recent Improvements To Gingerbread & Latest MIUI Framework”. He originally developed it for the D1 Miui ports and has since expanded it to support any roms on any Android phone.

OP
magiman7

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with Jrizzill’s Mod, and if so would you mind sharing your thoughts about it? I used it regularly with the Miui Froyo builds and found it that it provided a distinct performance boost. I stopped using it after the move to Gingerbread. He’s recently updated it and states that it “Supports Recent Improvements To Gingerbread & Latest MIUI Framework”. He originally developed it for the D1 Miui ports and has since expanded it to support any roms on any Android phone.

Just started looking into it actually. Most of it appears to be customization to remove installed apps. I am looking at any of the other options he includes to see what may be interesting. I haven't contacted him, but will before I try to add of his stuff in our builds. I never like to re us anything w/o checking with the original dev.

Reaction score

Just started looking into it actually. Most of it appears to be customization to remove installed apps. I am looking at any of the other options he includes to see what may be interesting. I haven't contacted him, but will before I try to add of his stuff in our builds. I never like to re us anything w/o checking with the original dev.

Cool, I look forward to how that all turns out. I think it’s great that you and T.P. have your eyes on the horizon and are willing to incorporate other developers’ fixes and ideas. It’s helping to make the port stronger.

mjh68

Reaction score
Has anyone else been getting horrible battery life with the last 2 Miui releases ? I have deleted battery stats, followed Zeppinlox battery calibration tutorial, let it run down and recharge fully and wipe battery stats. I took my phone off the charger last night at 5pm or so and went to work. The phone sat on my desk idling and by midnight it was down to 50%. When I check the battery usage it says android os 45% . This happens whether on the stock kernel or Chevy's kernels, and when I flashed Chevy's 5.4 rom using the same kernel my battery life was awesome. Same setup , same apps, just much different results.

Just curious what else I can try to do to see how I can improve my battery life. I don't run widgets, Wifi is on at home , otherwise 3g . Only thought I had was maybe a theme, but I have had same results with 3 different themes and pretty sure it does it with stock theme as well.

P.S. finally started using phone and it dropped to 20 % in 20 mins.

Last edited: