Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The Turbo 2 comes with it set to Global by default. Not sure why, but it does. I leave mine and my wife's set to Global and have had no issues with call quality or data connectivity

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Every other device (at least in the past) has been the opposite. Thanks for the heads up sajo.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that. Every other device (at least in the past) has been the opposite. Thanks for the heads up sajo.

S5 tap'n
I think for the Droid line that started with the Turbo. I think it was the same way. When I first noticed it, I started to change it and thought "maybe not, if it came that way out of the box leave it alone". I agree, it is interesting.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just to show that I am not losing my mind (well...at least not yet):

uploadfromtaptalk1467334421629.png

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Going to bring this thread back to the front for a minute. I've had (very) little time to doink around with my phone, settings, and connections and this is what I'm currently facing.
First, I'm not getting very many texts during my drive time right now, so I can't comment on the earlier comments from a week ago -- yet. I'll be fiddling with that once everyone gets back from their vacations.
However, I want to bring up my hands free driving experience, findings, and ask for assistance. At the moment, I have my settings on Advanced and Global. I have a very basic stereo system in my FJ and no bluetooth, so I run an aux cable from the phone's headphone jack over to the stereo and run tunes through my FJ speakers. It's worked since my Bionic days, so I'm happy with the arrangement. I can hear music and vocals fine, but a phone call absolutely sucks. I might be able to make out every 10th word a caller says and it's likewise the other way around. Is this a Turbo 2 issue, Marshmallow issue, or do I have a setting that's not right? If the phone is unplugged from aux, it's fine, but my truck is so noisy I need the stereo speakers to help me hear the caller.
I've searched the internet, scoured my settings, and can't figure out what it might be. My Bionic and Maxx worked great as a speakerphone with the exact same setup, but this is impossible to even think about using as a speakerphone while plugged in. I've had to resort to pulling over for important calls and am now looking into purchasing a headset (my bluetooth speaker I purchased doesn't work well for callers because my truck is so loud). Shouldn't it be the same (or better) with the T2?
Maybe I'm just being picky, but I really want to be able to continue using the same setup as I've grown accustomed to over the years. I want my cake AND to eat it too.
I need to emphasize: Advanced Calling works fine as long as the phone is not connected into my truck's stereo via the audio jack. Calls are crisp and clear unplugged.
If this message is a jumbled mess, my apologies. I have had to start and stop so many times due to work, I've given up and just gonna send it as-is :eek:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can understand what you are saying, it's not jumbled to me. I'm not sure why, but it seems as though the phone just doesn't like calls with a wired speaker connection? Maybe it's trying to pass call audio through the headphone jack? I'm not even sure if that is possible? If I think of it (and can find an aux cord) I will try a call using that setup with my phone. Depending on what you plan on spending on a BT headset, you might want to consider a car kit like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJFGE0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it in my Jeep, and another in my daughter's older model Nissan. I drive a Jeep Wrangler every day, and they are not known for being super quiet. I have no problems with calls, as long as I talk loud & clear (which I always do, side affect from my former career :)). With this I am completely cable free from my phone to the receiver, and can listen to music, make calls, Google Now commands, listen to texts, etc all over the Bluetooth connection. The music quality is very good, in my opinion. $30 is not super cheap, but you might spend the same, or more, on a good BT headset. Just an idea.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I can understand what you are saying, it's not jumbled to me. I'm not sure why, but it seems as though the phone just doesn't like calls with a wired speaker connection? Maybe it's trying to pass call audio through the headphone jack? I'm not even sure if that is possible? If I think of it (and can find an aux cord) I will try a call using that setup with my phone. Depending on what you plan on spending on a BT headset, you might want to consider a car kit like this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJFGE0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use it in my Jeep, and another in my daughter's older model Nissan. I drive a Jeep Wrangler every day, and they are not known for being super quiet. I have no problems with calls, as long as I talk loud & clear (which I always do, side affect from my former career :)). With this I am completely cable free from my phone to the receiver, and can listen to music, make calls, Google Now commands, listen to texts, etc all over the Bluetooth connection. The music quality is very good, in my opinion. $30 is not super cheap, but you might spend the same, or more, on a good BT headset. Just an idea.

That's actually a cool blue tooth setup, but it would monopolize my only power port. I have been asking all the guys in my family to install another port, but no one seems to have time or drive to do it and that's one thing this mom ain't gonna do on her own.

I'll be curious to hear what happens when you use your aux jack, if you find a cable and have the time....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's actually a cool blue tooth setup, but it would monopolize my only power port. I have been asking all the guys in my family to install another port, but no one seems to have time or drive to do it and that's one thing this mom ain't gonna do on her own.

I'll be curious to hear what happens when you use your aux jack, if you find a cable and have the time....
I got a 3 plug one that plugs into my 1 but has 3 for output at an auto store for under $10. It's really handy for using stuff like the above and needing to charge the phone at the same time.
It's pretty much like the one here
Amazon.com: KitMax (TM) Auto Car Vehicle 3 Way 12V Cigarette Electric Lighter Socket Power Charging Adapter Multiple Splitter Extension Outlet Plug Charger Port for GPS Garmin Tomtom (Interface Color May Vary): Cell Phones & Accessories but I bought it local.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

The 12 V DC adapter that comes in the kit has two USB outlets, so you can charge 2 things at once if they both have a USB cable.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
OH! I thought it was all-in-one! Cool! I have a three port one already!
Okay, so I won't dismiss this yet. So, this transmits the audio over my stereo speakers, and I just use the mic on the phone, right?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OH! I thought it was all-in-one! Cool! I have a three port one already!
Okay, so I won't dismiss this yet. So, this transmits the audio over my stereo speakers, and I just use the mic on the phone, right?

There is a noise-cancelling mic built into the receiver. The receiver has a magnetic base plat with 3M adhesive on the back, so you put it wherever is the best place in your vehicle and then the receiver snaps into the base magnetically. All music and calls are heard through the vehicle speakers and you talk in the direction of the mic on the receiver.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
There is a noise-cancelling mic built into the receiver. The receiver has a magnetic base plat with 3M adhesive on the back, so you put it wherever is the best place in your vehicle and then the receiver snaps into the base magnetically. All music and calls are heard through the vehicle speakers and you talk in the direction of the mic on the receiver.
Oh, very cool! The main unit? You said it's magnetic. So, if my dash is all metal, I don't need the adhesive disc? For some reason, I can't get even the stickiest of adhesive to work on my dash (yes, I clean everything with alcohol first). I am seriously considering getting this! I need to look at my dash tonight and see where I might be able to mount it.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Okay, for an additional $3.99 I could have it delivered tomorrow. Heading out of state for the weekend for some training, so this is going to make my road trip that much more pleasurable! I'll figure out where to mount it tonight and I'll take a break during work and set it up!
Thanks, @sajokaz!
I do still want to know why my problems with the audio exist with the audio cable....

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Okay, for an additional $3.99 I could have it delivered tomorrow. Heading out of state for the weekend for some training, so this is going to make my road trip that much more pleasurable! I'll figure out where to mount it tonight and I'll take a break during work and set it up!
Thanks, @sajokaz!
I do still want to know why my problems with the audio exist with the audio cable....

Hopefully it works just as good for you as it does for me. I can't see an FJ as being a lot louder than a JK Jeep Wrangler (unless it's one of the older model FJ's with no roof). One other cool thing with this kit is that it automatically launches Driving Mode as soon as my phone is connected; where a Bluetooth headset would need to wait until you reach 15 MPH to kick in Driving Mode.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

Amazon.com: iClever Himbox HB01 Bluetooth 4.0 Hands-Free Car Kit with 3.5mm Aux Jack, Multi-Point Access, Siri / Voice Activation, Dual USB Charger & Magnetic Base, Updated Aluminum Ring - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

That's a nice little setup you got there Sajo, I just ordered one for my car.
I have the same problem Gudasau has, when calls come through.
My current workaround is, I keep my BT earpiece turned on sitting in the cup holder, then when a call comes through, I put the BT in my ear and say "answer" and it switches over fine. However, I'd rather not have to mess with a separate BT earpiece while I'm in the car, so hopefully this arrangement will work out for me as well.
Plus I couldn't pass it up for that price! IMO, that's a decent price.

S5 tap'n

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's a nice little setup you got there Sajo, I just ordered one for my car.
I have the same problem Gudasau has, when calls come through.
My current workaround is, I keep my BT earpiece turned on sitting in the cup holder, then when a call comes through, I put the BT in my ear and say "answer" and it switches over fine. However, I'd rather not have to mess with a separate BT earpiece while I'm in the car, so hopefully this arrangement will work out for me as well.
Plus I couldn't pass it up for that price! IMO, that's a decent price.

S5 tap'n

Thanks. Always happy to help people spend more of their hard earned money. :D LOL. I do really like this kit, it has worked great for me for around a year now and I have had 0 issues with it.