Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
LOL. Hopefully things work OK for you after today. And you are not being a PITA in my opinion. You are being a forum member, asking good questions and trying to learn & share information. That's what this place is all about.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Absolutely! Don't worry about asking questions, no matter how trivial or insignificant they may seem to you at the time. We've got quite a few Turbo owners here that really know this device inside & out, so yeah... PLEASE don't hesitate to ask away. It also helps that all of our regulars truly enjoy helping others.

S5 tap'n

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
@Gudasau Don't worry about being a pain. As others here already said, this forum is here for exactly the purpose you needed us for. If you and others didn't need and ask for help we would have much less to do with our spare time.

I'm thrilled that the problem seems to be resolved. I hope it continues and you don't run into an issue again.

Please don't hesitate to come to us for any future issues. We all love to help and enjoy learning about new issues and new phones.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Absolutely! Don't worry about asking questions, no matter how trivial or insignificant they may seem to you at the time. We've got quite a few Turbo owners here that really know this device inside & out, so yeah... PLEASE don't hesitate to ask away. It also helps that all of our regulars truly enjoy helping others.

S5 tap'n
Thanks, cr6! These forums have proven to be extremely helpful to me for a number of issues & questions.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
@Gudasau Don't worry about being a pain. As others here already said, this forum is here for exactly the purpose you needed us for. If you and others didn't need and ask for help we would have much less to do with our spare time.

I'm thrilled that the problem seems to be resolved. I hope it continues and you don't run into an issue again.

Please don't hesitate to come to us for any future issues. We all love to help and enjoy learning about new issues and new phones.

Thanks, @FoxKat! I only hesitate a little, then post my question lol! This place is full of so many helpful people who manage to knock the stress level of a problem down a few levels immediately -- even prior to finding a resolution. I never feel alone when I'm struggling with a problem with my phone. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, y'all rock!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If Waze was on and working before you took the call, it will continue to do so as it will be using GPS not cellular data. The GPS signal isn't tied to Voice or Data, it's self contained. The maps were already loaded so the data aspect was done.

I have advanced calling off due to my crappy LTE in my house. Nobody can understand me when I talk. I have to use wifi and then I can surf and talk at the same time.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
If Waze was on and working before you took the call, it will continue to do so as it will be using GPS not cellular data. The GPS signal isn't tied to Voice or Data, it's self contained. The maps were already loaded so the data aspect was done.

I have advanced calling off due to my crappy LTE in my house. Nobody can understand me when I talk. I have to use wifi and then I can surf and talk at the same time.
I may not have described the issue well. I had Waze launched & attempted to make a call while driving & using Waze. I had a large window pop up saying I could not use the phone & mobile data at the same time (or something similar). If I wanted to continue with the call, Waze had to be stopped.
Everything worked well this morning, as all other mornings, but the phone reception absolutely sucked. I have the phone in a dock & have been using speaker. Today, after knowingly activating Advance Calling, I could barely hear the caller & it was very choppy. The callers said they were getting horrible feedback & there was a "ticking" on their end. I had to pull over to talk to my boss because we couldn't carry on a decent & clear conversation.
On the positive end, I was able to have an ongoing call with Waze running.
I'm going to deactivate that advanced calling feature and see what happens when I get back on the road later.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I get the same response with Advanced Calling. Horrible phone calls. I'm at the point where I'd rather use Hangouts VoIP to call.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I may not have described the issue well. I had Waze launched & attempted to make a call while driving & using Waze. I had a large window pop up saying I could not use the phone & mobile data at the same time (or something similar). If I wanted to continue with the call, Waze had to be stopped.
Everything worked well this morning, as all other mornings, but the phone reception absolutely sucked. I have the phone in a dock & have been using speaker. Today, after knowingly activating Advance Calling, I could barely hear the caller & it was very choppy. The callers said they were getting horrible feedback & there was a "ticking" on their end. I had to pull over to talk to my boss because we couldn't carry on a decent & clear conversation.
On the positive end, I was able to have an ongoing call with Waze running.
I'm going to deactivate that advanced calling feature and see what happens when I get back on the road later.

Sorry to hear you have issues with Advance Calling. It is heavily dependent on a strong LTE signal. Hopefully calls work better when you turn it back to Off.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
This is silly, really. It's a freakin' phone LOL! The data, apps, and other goodies are just icing on the cake, really.
Until yesterday afternoon, calls, Waze, texts, etc ALL worked perfectly. Something somewhere changed and now it's frustrating. I turned Advanced Calling back off, rebooted the phone, and will see what happens when I leave here tonight (unless I get called out for something sooner). I KNOW it'll get better, I just have to figure out the correct configuration to get back to.
Thanks for all your help and support. Just like an updated app can send us into a tizzy (like when I lost my WiFi on my Maxx from the CVS app), this is just one of those weird little quirks I need to hunt down and tweak.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes, you've had your fair share of phone issues recently! Lol. We'll get it back right I'm sure. The only other possibility I can think of is maybe phone tower tweaks near you recently. That would certainly contribute to the Advanced Calling performing poorly. If you don't have at least 2 bars of 4G, preferably 3 or more, Advanced Calling will be disappointing.

Good luck on the reboot and keep reporting back!

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Yes, you've had your fair share of phone issues recently! Lol. We'll get it back right I'm sure. The only other possibility I can think of is maybe phone tower tweaks near you recently. That would certainly contribute to the Advanced Calling performing poorly. If you don't have at least 2 bars of 4G, preferably 3 or more, Advanced Calling will be disappointing.

Good luck on the reboot and keep reporting back!

Everything worked flawlessly last night while on my commute! I had the advanced call feature off & will keep it that way today. If everything works as it should today, I'll try the advanced call again tomorrow & see how that does.
Thanks again for your help & support!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Everything worked flawlessly last night while on my commute! I had the advanced call feature off & will keep it that way today. If everything works as it should today, I'll try the advanced call again tomorrow & see how that does.
Thanks again for your help & support!

I wonder how? If I have advanced off, I can't send MMS text or use data while on a call.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I wonder how? If I have advanced off, I can't send MMS text or use data while on a call.
That answer is above my pay grade....
Are you on Global or LTE/CDMA? I'm set on Global.
I drove in this morning running Waze AND talking on the phone without Advanced Calling activated. I watched the behavior of the phone the best I could while driving and everything functioned flawlessly. I did notice that my reception bars dipped down to one or two in a few places, so that may be why the Advanced Calling didn't work properly yesterday.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Doesn't matter. I'm also not using a turbo.