Mobile data connection not working

nampo729

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a common problem. I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.

I just got this phone three weeks ago. It was working fine until yesterday. But now my mobile data connection won't work. If, for example, I try to get the hourly weather forecast or get on the internet, I get a screen that says "You need a network connection to use this application. Please turn on mobile data or Wi-Fi in settings."

I've tried everything I can think of. My Mobile Network is on. I've re-booted the phone, that didn't work. I've even seen suggestions that you should turn Airplane Mode on & then off. Tried that, that didn't work.

Any ideas as to what's wrong?

hoboX10

Reaction score
Something happen in your area? Other phones get Data? I guess take it to a Verizon store and see if you get anything in there, and ask them about it while you're there too.

MikeyTG

Reaction score
Is it in airplane mode? From the desktop, click menu and go into Settings, then Wireless and Networks. Airplane mode should not be checked. If you use WiFi, that should be checked. "Mobile Network" should also be checked.