Question about shutting mobile data off while in WiFi?

Mondingo

Reaction score
When you guys connect to wifi at home, do you shut off mobile data? I was told from my brother that the will save battery life. I did notice that if I connect to wifi and leave mobile data enabled, when the phone goes in sleep mode and then I wake it back up, it says 3g, then it connects to wifi. So in sleep mode it always seems to switch back to 3g. Also, if I disable mobile data should I turn it on again before leaving the house? One day, I had mobile data off and left the house. When I remembered to turn it back on, it had trouble finding a signal. Just 1x.. Had to turn of the phone and restart it and it found 3g. Any suggestions?. Or just leave mobile data on all the time. I use the power control widget which is faster.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I leave mobile data on because im in an crappy are for coverage and like you I get stuck on 1x if I go back and forth with the data setting. Once I get closer to a tower it comes back and stays on 3g as long as I leave it alone. Honestly just switching to wifi as much as you can will save enough battery.