What does the Mobile Network option do?

typpeo

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question. My wife just picked up a rezound. I currently have a Galaxy Nexus and an OD before that. I've never seen this option before and I'm guessing it's an HTC sense thing. In any case, she claims that she keeps losing connection and is blaming it on the wi-fi at home. I noticed the option for Mobile Network, I turned it off and started browsing some webpages with no issues. Can someone explain what it does? The manual has no info and I can't find any online.

Thanks!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're referring to the toggle in the notification pulldown, then it simply enables/disables data. If you turn it off, you'll be able to use your smartphone as a dumb-phone only. If you turn it on, you have internet access.

Bear in mind this is the 3g/4g/1x networks only.

As far as Wifi is concerned, I find at home that my 802.11n network is a poor match for the phone, since it doesnt seem to have enough juice to make the connection strong. Try g.....

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
If it's the setting that I think you're talking about, it turns your connection to Verizon on/off.

OP
T

typpeo

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm talking about the toggle under quick settings. So, if that's off the phone can't receive calls or text even if on Wifi?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm talking about the toggle under quick settings. So, if that's off the phone can't receive calls or text even if on Wifi?

Unless you're using Skype or another 3rd party communication app, then you're never using wifi for calls or text.

By turning it off, you disable your connection to the internet, through Verizon's network. You can still text/MMS, and use the phone as a phone, but without a Wifi network, you'll have no internet access.

OP
T

typpeo

Reaction score
Ok thanks. It looks like the phone is having issues getting on 4G and is stuck on a 1x connection. After a restart it's now stuck in an infinite loop. Looks like others have had this issue so hopefully I have fix it.

dzuchowski

Reaction score
So it does not start thermal nuclear war?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

MJKneuro

Reaction score
dzuchowski said:
So it does not start thermal nuclear war?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Actually, the networking helps avoid thermonuclear war and world devastation. Whether that is a good or bad thing is yet to be determined. I guess it is a matter of perspective......