Mobile Network Off

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Whenever I reboot my Rezound, I have to reenable the mobile network... Any ideas? I don't know if it did this a week ago when it was new, but the only thing I've done is use the clean tool to get rid of the Verizon apps and games.

Thanks guys.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it ever fully turn back on? It should reboot into whatever mode it was before you rebooted. If you want to post your cleantool script/list I can verify that something/nothing was on it that shouldn't be.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Ok, i thought this was just me. Today i rebooted and noticed my mobile network was switched to off. i thought i accidentally hit the toggle widget, but don't remember even going close to it in relation to other apps.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
It comes back, but I have to do it manually. When I get home tonight ill post the apps I removed. Thanks.

I also changed the WiFi scan rate to 300 seconds in the build.prop, but I doubt that's it.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Below is the section of script I used to disable bloatware. Let me know if I hit on something that I shouldnt have.

Code:
@adb shell pm disable com.google.android.apps.books
@adb shell pm disable com.blockbuster.app.htc
@adb shell pm disable com.slacker.radio
@adb shell pm disable com.amazon.kindle
@adb shell pm disable com.gameloft.android.Verizon.GloftLGolf2.lgolf2
@adb shell pm disable com.ea.nfshp
@adb shell pm disable com.vznavigator.ADR6425LVW
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.VzWBackupAssistantClient
@adb shell pm disable com.mtag.scan
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stock 
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stockwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.pv.android.verizon.mod
@adb shell pm disable com.pv.android.verizon.avod
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.mim
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.mimwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.vzw.hss.myverizon
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.android.htcsetupwizard
@adb shell pm disable com.videosurf.activity
@adb shell pm disable com.mobitv.client.nfl2010
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.WifiRouter 
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.android.footprints
@adb shell pm disable com.vcast.service
@adb shell pm disable com.sdgtl.watch
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.widget3d.watch
@adb shell pm disable com.infraware.docmaster
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.vvm
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.usagemonitor
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.reportagent

And now that I think about it, maybe changing the wifi search time in build.prop did mess with it. Is it possible that the phone is taking an extra long time to look for Wifi, not finding it, and then choking when it goes to the mobile network? Or even the possibility that I'm not giving it enough time after it boots to decide tehre's no Wifi?

I'm gonna restore the default build.prop file, and see what happens. Thanks again.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, my build.prop file doesnt seem to have the modifications I thought I made to it..... It's last modification date was October 2011, not two nights ago when I allegedly changed it....

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I did a factory reset, just for kicks. I'm gonna give it a day, make sure everything's better, and then hit the clean tool again. MrSmith, please let me know if you see something that I shouldnt have removed. Thanks

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just changed the Wifi Scan interval in build.prop to 300 seconds and rebooted the phone. And what do you know, it didnt connect to a mobile network (probably because it connected to my home wifi.

I'm gonna say that if the phone boots and connects to wifi, it leaves the data network off. Anyone experience anything similar?

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
same thing happened to me today, and my wifi was off. first time i have noticed it and i would notice something like that. also a lot of phone calls were full of static.

OP
LtKen

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've given up on trying to figure out what it is. Since I hardly ever reboot the phone, I'm just going to call it an ism and move on.