Lost mobile data capability

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
OMG! The BT unit is awesome! High praise coming from the callers who have been suffering through my various devices! Thank you so much for suggesting it!
I had too much going on this morning to fiddle with the charger & Waze or Maps, but hope to play around a little on my commute home. I'll make sure the phone is plugged into the 2A port. There was a 50/50 chance it was Saturday, but didn't think to look at it.
I did a screen capture yesterday on our short jaunt. The phone was plugged into 1A while running Maps.
Oh, the voice command worked fine this morning. Must have been a glitch.

6100caa95b20d087f04466885ded53c7.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OMG! The BT unit is awesome! High praise coming from the callers who have been suffering through my various devices! Thank you so much for suggesting it!.....

Glad to hear that it's working good for you! Very cool! :cool:

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I use this with my 6p and 5x. It rapid charges with waze/gps, google play music and screen on.

Amazon.com: Aukey CC-S1 4.8A Dual Port USB Car Charger - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'm not techie enough to know which is better (or if it matters), but this is the one I have, but didn't use on my trip since I was trying to stick with the original charger that came with the BT for it's maiden voyage. This is what I'll be using on my drive home tonight.
https://www.amazon.com/Car-Phone-Ch...ook+-+RV+Accessories+-+Cigarette+Lighter+Plug

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm not techie enough to know which is better (or if it matters), but this is the one I have, but didn't use on my trip since I was trying to stick with the original charger that came with the BT for it's maiden voyage. This is what I'll be using on my drive home tonight.
Amazon.com: Car Phone Charger - Powerful 3 Port USB Cell Phone Charger From Vano - For Apple iPhone, iPad, Tablet, eBook - RV Accessories - Cigarette Lighter Plug: Cell Phones & Accessories
I would think that one of those 2.1A ports would be enough juice to keep the phone charging while navigating

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
https://www.amazon.com/Car-Phone-Charger-Accessories-Cigarette/dp/B00QPAT7A8/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1468249322&sr=1-1&keywords=Car+Phone+Charger+-+Powerful+3+Port+USB+Cell+Phone+Charger+From+Vano+-+For+Apple+iPhone,+iPad,+Tablet,+eBook+-+RV+Accessories+-+Cigarette+Lighter+Plug
As long as your DC charging port can power that much, it should be fine. Have you installed ampere to see what you're charging at?

Ampere - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I should have known there was an app for that ;) Thanks, just installed it. I'll make sure the phone is plugged into one of the 2A ports & run Waze on my drive home. I'll let y'all know...

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Good morning!

I thought about starting a new thread, but since we've been discussing this here, I decided to keep it all together. I will be more than happy to move this to another forum or start a new thread, if need be.

The last two days I've kept my phone plugged into the 2A portion of my charger in my truck and run Waze and iHeart radio, as is typical for a road trip. The battery is still draining in a short period of time. As you'll see, from driveway to parking lot I lost 13% battery over 31 minutes while on charge.
If this is normal, I will adjust my habits accordingly, but if it's not, I need help figuring out how to adjust things to make it better.

576973e9f0963372aa74ae1fb19d7ccf.jpg
0d3cca19ae8e95a606b8d551806db37a.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Personally, I would try using regular Google Maps for a week instead of Waze. Waze has always been a major battery hog. (Regardless of device)

S5 tap'n

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Personally, I would try using regular Google Maps for a week instead of Waze. Waze has always been a major battery hog. (Regardless of device)

S5 tap'n
Yeah, I tried regular Google Maps on Sunday and noticed the same issue, but it was in my husband's truck with his charger. I'll try it tonight on my drive home and see if it's any better.
Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I just downloaded Waze and set it up on my Turbo 2. Never used it before. My drive to work is only 25 minutes. I will try it out for a few days and see how may battery holds up. Will let you know.

OP
Gudasau

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Thanks @sajokaz! It's really a helpful little app. You may want to tweak it a little if you decide to continue using it. I usually use it for road trips & unfamiliar areas.