Livewallpapers that big of a deal?

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong they look real nice and they really can show the phone off, but I find myself just reverting back to a regular wallpaper. Anyone else in the same boat?

warrior21

Reaction score
I kept one on for about 30 sec and then went back to my regular wallpaper. They look nice but don't really do anything for me.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I really like them myself. I had the regular wallpaper but, for me, having the live wallpaper just gives the phone a little more pop.

Foreverrr

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong they look real nice and they really can show the phone off, but I find myself just reverting back to a regular wallpaper. Anyone else in the same boat?

I'd totally use one if there were some out there that actually looked appealing to me or didn't slow down my phone. Usually if I find a good one that I like it either drains the battery really fast or it just slows my phone down. I just use backgrounds instead of Live Wallpapers.

Taegost

Reaction score
I would play around with them to see if any really sparked my interested, but none really did, I kept switching back to in-animate wallpapers...
Until I found the Mario Live wallpaper... I love it :)
It is also a good indicator for when I need to reboot my phone, if it starts lagging when I'm not doing anything, it's time for a reboot before the phone starts running like my old 8088... :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use live wallpaper. I have a very nice on I paid a buck for and I find it enjoying to look at.

It doesn't slow down my Droid or for that matter really suck up more battery. Most of the time it's not even up.

But how important is it? On a scale of 1 to 10 it's about a 1.5. Maybe. ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nope i installed the background app and they have some real nice still wallpapers. I gained a performance increase since i dropped lwps. lwps serve one purpose, to show off. after show off time is over i prefer my performance.

Reaction score
How much time do you spend staring at your home screens? Maybe 1% of the time you use your phone? Just not worth the resources even if it's not a lot.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How much time do you spend staring at your home screens? Maybe 1% of the time you use your phone? Just not worth the resources even if it's not a lot.

I disagree. It can be rather soothing and hypnotic. I don't stare at it that long but I do enjoy it. It was worth a buck to me.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I disagree. It can be rather soothing and hypnotic. I don't stare at it that long but I do enjoy it. It was worth a buck to me.

Thats what makes android unique. I prefer performance and do not care much for live wall papers. Others love it and have to have it. The user choose what is important to them. HB finds lwps soothing and is willing to use less widgets or take the slight performance decline. For me, I will look at it for a few minutes, but then will go to still wallpaper because of I prefer performance.

Mule65

Reaction score
Blue Sea (Kang-o-rama) is available in the Market and super cool.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Never liked Live Wallpapers until I tried Beautiful Widgets Live Wallpaper. It has been my background ever since.

OP
livingXsacrifice
Reaction score
Yeah the only time I put my livewallpaper on now is so I can show my wife what her blackberry isn't capable of LOL. I am trying to get her on board with Droid family. You know, a family that droids together stays together :) ( I do love my wife for real though lol)