Bottom half of wallpaper cut off in landscape mode?

velocity92c

Reaction score
I've had this problem ever since I've had my Droid and would like to know what I'm doing wrong. When I switch my phone to landscape (horizontal) mode, the bottom half of my wallpaper gets cut off. It's very annoying and I have no idea why. I installed open home and for about 5 minutes it rendered my background perfectly when horizontal, but then it reverted back to the same way my default home app does it.

Is there any way to fix this? I hate not being able to enjoy my entire background while in landscape. I tried taking screenshots but the wallpaper was just black in both of them. Thank you.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
I should add that it's not just a black area, it's like the bottom half of my wallpaper is sliced off and what's left is stretched to fit.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the solution to your "problem" would be. If your wallpaper changes orientation (as mine does) when you switch to landscape mode, the only options are either to shrink the wallpaper, leaving broad black bands on the sides, or cut off a portion of your wallpaper and stretch the remaining portion to fit the new screen horizontal/vertical dimensions. Otherwise, the only option is to not reorient the wallpaper at all, leaving lying "sideways" on your screen.

One way or the other your wallpaper's dimensions are not going to fit. Since the phone is usually used in portrait mode, that is given priority. If that bothers you, you'll have to use a wallpaper background that has no "natural" top/bottom, side to side orientation.

OP
V

velocity92c

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why when I first installed openhome, the wallpaper fit perfectly both portrait and landscape mode. I was loving it. :(