Phone Big oversight

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score
Ok so get a load of this:

On the phone leaving a voicemail I am done leaving the voicemail want to hang the phone up FAST. I pull the phone from ear and the screen is black I need to wait two seconds before I can even SEE the hangup bottom and in the background of where I am before I can hang up someone is talking to me and now thats probably on the voicemail. If it had a button I could have pressed it FAST :(

darreno1

Reaction score
...and exchange.

have you tried exchange by touchdown? there's a free trial. definitely worth looking at. much better than standard email app. highly recommended.

still not sure why you can't use the notification toolbar to get to the phone app if you're doing something else though...

BTW, thanks for the suggestion. I tried touchdown and it's simply amazing! It has replaced the default client and is worth every penny!! Now I can easily download attachments and create profiles.

BzB

Reaction score
BTW, thanks for the suggestion. I tried touchdown and it's simply amazing! It has replaced the default client and is worth every penny!! Now I can easily download attachments and create profiles.

you're welcome. :) touchdown made replacing my blackberry a non-issue. i was underwhelmed with the standard email client to be honest.

...you can also change the color of the led so it blinks a different color when you receive an email. i have mine set to red.

work emails = red led
gmail/other mail = green led
sms (handcent) = blue led. handcent lets you change the color of the led too.

now i can tell what type of messages i just received based on the led color. sometimes it's the small things that make me happy. :)

Fleury14

Reaction score

On the phone leaving a voicemail I am done leaving the voicemail want to hang the phone up FAST. I pull the phone from ear and the screen is black I need to wait two seconds before I can even SEE the hangup bottom and in the background of where I am before I can hang up someone is talking to me and now thats probably on the voicemail. If it had a button I could have pressed it FAST :(
Have you tried to change the amount of time before it times out?

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score

Have you tried to change the amount of time before it times out?

I dont think its a screen time out issue its the amount of time it takes or the phone about to show back up aftr you take the phone from your ear.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score

you're welcome. :) touchdown made replacing my blackberry a non-issue. i was underwhelmed with the standard email client to be honest.

...you can also change the color of the led so it blinks a different color when you receive an email. i have mine set to red.

work emails = red led
gmail/other mail = green led
sms (handcent) = blue led. handcent lets you change the color of the led too.

now i can tell what type of messages i just received based on the led color. sometimes it's the small things that make me happy. :)
You change the Led in TD? Hpw do you do that?

thanks

BzB

Reaction score
In touchdown go to settings > advanced > email alerts > configure lights

My droid doesn't have issues with the screen waking up when I pull from my ear. I've heard of that issue, inot sure of the fix or if there is one short of returning the phone.

OP
S

sterdroids

Reaction score

My droid doesn't have issues with the screen waking up when I pull from my ear. I've heard of that issue, inot sure of the fix or if there is one short of returning the phone.

So now when I get a gmail it will be green (default) and i made touchdown for work Blue it will flash blue for work?

How do I make different light for each
TD (which I just did) is blue
voicemail one light
gmail another light

thanks!!

I hear you on the wake up issue of the phone its sporadic hoepfully it doesnt get way worse then I will return for a new one.

moosc

Reaction score
You have three options:
- as others have mentioned, place a Phone shortcut on the Home-screen.
- Hold the "Home" touch button on the bottom, Phone will likely be one of your 6 most recent apps.
- Drag the Notification Shade down, the Phone Call will appear at the top, underneath "Ongoing".
or buy a home screen set up like GDE it has opption to place phone icon at bottom of screen..

BzB

Reaction score

So now when I get a gmail it will be green (default) and i made touchdown for work Blue it will flash blue for work?

How do I make different light for each
TD (which I just did) is blue
voicemail one light
gmail another light

thanks!!

I hear you on the wake up issue of the phone its sporadic hoepfully it doesnt get way worse then I will return for a new one.

Touchdown only controls the led for your work emails. You'll need other 3rd party apps to control vmail or gmail led. Otherwise they stay as they are now.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have three options:
- as others have mentioned, place a Phone shortcut on the Home-screen.
- Hold the "Home" touch button on the bottom, Phone will likely be one of your 6 most recent apps.
- Drag the Notification Shade down, the Phone Call will appear at the top, underneath "Ongoing".
or buy a home screen set up like GDE it has opption to place phone icon at bottom of screen..

Panda has side panels, which are there on every screen. You could put the phone button on one of those.

Erich_F

Reaction score
Sterdroid's next phone:

giant_button_cell_phone-500x411.jpg

:):)

vonfink13

Reaction score
when you set up touchdown did you have to re-set your exchange settings or will it just grab them from the existing settings i am already using? ..thanks...and that motorola brick was my first cell phone...i still have it somewhere...

darreno1

Reaction score
when you set up touchdown did you have to re-set your exchange settings or will it just grab them from the existing settings i am already using? ..thanks...and that motorola brick was my first cell phone...i still have it somewhere...

No it doesn't grab them (at least as far as I saw). I copied and pasted the settings from one into the other. Then I disabled push email and notifications on the default email client to avoid getting duplicates.