Stock Droid wallpaper, where can I get it?

fleetwoodmac

Reaction score
So after changing my Droid's wallpaper I haven't been able to revert it to the original stock wallpaper unless I wipe & factory restore. There are some similar ones in the wallpaper gallery but they are not the same one that I'm looking for. Of course you might say, well then why change it? Well I simply like changing the wallpaper. Does anyone know where or how I can get it? I restored it once, randomly, by selecting a wallpaper from the photos in my sd card, but I'd prefer a more predictable solution.

Thanks in advance

LosAngeles

Reaction score
So after changing my Droid's wallpaper I haven't been able to revert it to the original stock wallpaper unless I wipe & factory restore. There are some similar ones in the wallpaper gallery but they are not the same one that I'm looking for. Of course you might say, well then why change it? Well I simply like changing the wallpaper. Does anyone know where or how I can get it? I restored it once, randomly, by selecting a wallpaper from the photos in my sd card, but I'd prefer a more predictable solution.

Thanks in advance

Is this the one you're looking for? I was also having to factory restore but since the phone was rooted I found it.

TwIzTuD

Reaction score
Its in my Wallpaper Gallery. Its the 2nd or 3rd from the end of the list. Did you scroll all the way to the right. Are you accessing the Wallpaper Gallery via the main screen / press menu key?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I did a little better version of the OEM wallpaper that looks more detailed/textured and not as "washed out", a lot better IMHO.

I just posted this in the Theme section, here is a copy of the post. You should really try this on your Droid, it looks great!

Orignal post link : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-wallpaper-zoomed-versions-more-detail.html

Original Post:
I was cruising Moto's website and found the Press Kit for the Motorola Droid. After I downloaded the zip file I found gigiantic photos of the Droid. One was of the Droid on the home page with the OEM standard wallpaper.

So I zoomed in and cropped the "clear" area of the wallpaper and resized it for the proper size for the Droid wallpaper.

The end result is the factory wallpaper with more texture and detail and it looks dramatically better than the original. I had seen a few people (Milestone owners) asking for a copy of the Droid wallpaper so here it is for those and others that want a more detailed/textured version of the original.

There are 2 versions, one without the "shadow line" and one with it. Both look pretty neat and better than the original IMHO.

I also added them to the "Droid" section in the Wallpaper Gallery.

DROID OEM Wallpaper.JPG

DROID OEM Wallpaper 2.JPG

Last edited:
OP
F

fleetwoodmac

Reaction score
I did a little better version of the OEM wallpaper that looks more detailed/textured and not as "washed out", a lot better IMHO.

I just posted this in the Theme section, here is a copy of the post. You should really try this on your Droid, it looks great!

Orignal post link : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...id-wallpaper-zoomed-versions-more-detail.html

Original Post:
I was cruising Moto's website and found the Press Kit for the Motorola Droid. After I downloaded the zip file I found gigiantic photos of the Droid. One was of the Droid on the home page with the OEM standard wallpaper (see attached pic).

So I zoomed in and cropped the "clear" area of the wallpaper and resized it for the proper size for the Droid wallpaper.

The end result is the factory wallpaper with more texture and detail and it looks dramatically better than the original. I had seen a few people (Milestone owners) asking for a copy of the Droid wallpaper so here it is for those and others that want a more detailed/textured version of the original.

There are 2 versions, one without the "shadow line" and one with it. Both look pretty neat and better than the original IMHO.

I also added them to the "Droid" section in the Wallpaper Gallery.

928droid-albums-more-detailed-textured-oem-wallpaper-picture204-droid-oem-wallpaper.jpg
Wow, thank you so much. This is just what I was looking for! Thanks again

LosAngeles

Reaction score
Also just for fun I did a "mimic" of the Wallpaper on the new Google Nexus One running Android 2.1..

Nexus%20wallpaper%202.JPG

nexus_9.jpg

ahh this one is cool :p nice job. haha my phone wasn't bricked after all that fuss i was able to fix it. ill try this one out now. Great phone

Big Lou

Reaction score
Wow, Google makes some truly horrible stock wallpaper. Why would you want to revert back to the ugly concrete?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Wow, Google makes some truly horrible stock wallpaper. Why would you want to revert back to the ugly concrete?

You should see the real thing, evidently on 2.1 you can have animated wallpaper and that version has colored "laser beams" randomly firing from different areas across the screen .. I would love to have this real Google "ugly concrete" animated wallpaper :)

You can see part of this effect in this still pic...

nexus_8.jpg

nexus_2.jpg