Livewallpapers that big of a deal?

Anomander

Reaction score
I use the LW all the time. I'm hooked on the Galatic core. I pop up the Seeds of Life to make people chuckle. :D Just another reason on why Droid Does and iPhone does not.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the basic Neural Network one and it's cool with a good background and it doesn't slow me down at all.

I'd rather have the Nexus One but it doesn't work on the Droid.

ricks

Reaction score
I use live wallpaper. I have a very nice on I paid a buck for and I find it enjoying to look at.

It doesn't slow down my Droid or for that matter really suck up more battery. Most of the time it's not even up.

But how important is it? On a scale of 1 to 10 it's about a 1.5. Maybe. ;)

just curious, what live wallpaper do you use?

Parasol

Reaction score
I like it at first, but after a while, you really want to just use your phone, and get things done quick. I turned mine off. Just download the Backgrounds app, find an image you like and be set.

dan j

Reaction score
I tried them but prefer seeing my wife and child. I'd use it if there was a way cheap way to incorporate my photos.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I put them on before going into a meeting when I know there will be iphone fanbois in.....And leave the screen on with the X laying on the table.....Looks are priceless :D

spillner

Reaction score
I'm constantly changing backgrounds all the time just cuz I get bored. The only LWP that seem to have no effect on performance for me are the hyperspace one and Mario. Other than those 2 all other LWP slow down my phone way too much for me to enjoy.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I put them on before going into a meeting when I know there will be iphone fanbois in.....And leave the screen on with the X laying on the table.....Looks are priceless :D

Haha, I have to agree here. I don't think of myself as the type that shows off or turns his music up loud when driving by someone, but when I wanna show my phone to someone I make sure I have a live wallpaper on for the "WOW" effect. Otherwise, I think they are cool, but my phone runs smoother and gets better battery life without them.

vex321

Reaction score
Live wallpaper is cool and all but it just lags the phone too much

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ffej89

Reaction score
BlacknBlack thats to funny. I do the same thing. For me i switch my background about every three days but when i know i'll be around a group i will throw up a lwp just to show off and it works every time lol

jesserocket01

Reaction score
I use the droid x. Red eye wallpaper on my original droid. . All the others I tried but always removed. On the other hand I took all the widgets off my three screens they kill the droid processor and always cause it to lag. I had about 4 widgets running. Now it's lag free

Fault

Reaction score
Personally I love the live wallpapers. Well, I like 2, I hate all others. My favorite is the water ones, and I just drum on it making waves. Its stupid, but fun

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I never thought I would like them, but I run Neural Network exclusively now and find very little slowdown.

Droid101

Reaction score
I kept one on for about 30 sec and then went back to my regular wallpaper. They look nice but don't really do anything for me.

I think the longest one for like a couple of days was the livewallpaper that changed with the weather forecast but that is about it.

If you dont mind me asking what is the name of that wallpaper or where did you find it? I have been looking for one like that but had no luck? Thanks