Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

ghatala

Reaction score
Bluetooth

Great ROM, works great and pretty seamless install.

Just one issue so far. I have a jawbone BT headset and when enabling BT on the build, my speaker and mic on both the phone and headset do not function. I can make and recieve calls but no sound. When I disable bluetooth it works fine. Any ideas?

Krooked247

Reaction score
I have a jawbone BT headset and when enabling BT on the build, my speaker and mic on both the phone and headset do not function. I can make and recieve calls but no sound. When I disable bluetooth it works fine. Any ideas?

This is a known problem between all jb roms. If you read over any of the threads you'll see it being talked about. Not sure if they know what the problem is yet or if they do, and just don't know how to fix it. Maybe someone knows how to fix it but it would just be crazy time consuming and they don't have the time. I don't really know anything about it or use bluetooth but I read about it like 50 times. I do know the devs are aware of the issue though.

Krooked All Day...

tdilts

Reaction score
When using speaker phone. My microphone is not working. Anyone else have that problem?

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I was able to send a MMS, reboot, and send another. Running the 2/14 build as well.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

I decided to start from scratch and deleted both my existing ROM slots...after creating new images, and new slots I can reboot as much as I want and keep Group MMS/MMS in the ROM. Interesting. I created the original slots with SS3.04 I think, then later updated to 3.11.

Food for thought...anybody else that was having my problem may want to blow away their slots and start over.

huckky

Reaction score
Sorry to ask again but what about adding apn ?

edit: there is no apn settings in network menu but you can use voice dialer to find hidden apn settings. "open apns" command should do the trick. but even after saving my carrier's apn i still get no mobile data. and since rom doesnt seem to have a gsm only working mode i get very low gsm signal when i chose evdo/lte/gsm/cdma mode.
edit 2: to change phone's working frequency
Open the telephone app and dial *#*#4636#*#*
Goto Phone Information
Scroll to the bottom and set the preferred network type to "GSM Only"
Click "Turn off Radio"
Wait for a bit..
Click "Turn on Radio"

it didnt work for my data problem but hey.. maybe it works for you guys..

Last edited:

pah

Reaction score
got it to work but when someone sends me a pic with txt does not show up some setting i don,t have correct?

tdilts

Reaction score
I have had no problems sending or receiving MMS with Go SMS. When I changed to this rom I did a complete wipe and did not use any of my titanium backups either. I have noticed that every time I restore from Titanium backup on a different rom from which I created that backup I always had these kinds of troubles. I would recommend wiping everything clean and starting fresh and see how it works. This rom works wonderfully.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Jsnweitzel, what type of machine do u build on?
I would like to start tryin to dev myself but am tryin to get a new laptop that would be good for android dev. Do u have any hardware recommendations? I've googled it but come across so many different suggestions. I would assume fast processor and large amount of memory, is this right? Thinkin i7 with 16gb ram 1 tb hard drive. Do u know if this would be good or if there is something else that would come into play? If ur not sure that's cool but I know ur pretty good with checkin posts and tryin to reply. Any info would be appreciated and thanks again. Sorry to throw thread off topic for a minute.

More ram is better and a solid state drive is preferred. I have 8gb of ram and a 2.6 dual core intel system with a 256gb ssd and a build takes about 1.5 - 2 hours. My pc is a three year old hp nothing fancy. I just added the ssd and and upped the ram (8gb is max for my system).

Krooked247

Reaction score
More ram is better and a solid state drive is preferred. I have 8gb of ram and a 2.6 dual core intel system with a 256gb ssd and a build takes about 1.5 - 2 hours. My pc is a three year old hp nothing fancy. I just added the ssd and and upped the ram (8gb is max for my system).

Thanks for the info... I appreciate the help.

Krooked All Day...

93fuelslut

Reaction score
ok well how should i restore my apps?
i unistalled go sms and still have the problem.. and when im in go sms a window pops up and says messaging force closed or stopped.
i do have a cm10 style messaging app that i pushed to system app and made permissions and renamed the original text app to blah blah.bak.
works like a charm on every rom except this.....i do love this rom tho

powdersuber

Reaction score
Does anyone have an issue with Liquid-JB-v2.1-RC1-maserati and incoming calls, not able to answer? I have to hard reboot, it sits and rings and rings... also can't get wifi tether to work. FoxFi crashes when checking the box to start. Wifi tether starts, but can't connect from laptop. Tried both v3_1 beta 14 and the TrevE_Mod versions, with multiple device setups, route fix checked and unchecked.

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Use the latest build and don't use foxfi. Tethering is built into the rom.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2