Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

huckky

Reaction score
Instead of romslot 1, I created slot 2 and voila! All my problems gone. Working like a charm. Thanks to all who made this possible. And god I love my phone :D

ediddy406

Reaction score
I try to take a screenshot, and it says "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped." so I hit ok and it tried doing another screenshot over again, same results.... its in almost an endless screenshot bootloop..i restarted the phone and it didnt do it... not sure what the problem was, just thought id give you a heads up. seems to be fine now.

xlightwaverx

Reaction score
I am using this daily now. Be sure to update to a newer build and flash the Gapps too when you update.

Get it here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

Rom Slot 1 only and 4.2 Gapps

Updates:
01/06/13 - Keyboard lights (look for the build that says "keyboard lights" in the notes)
01/19/13 - Added in call black screen fix by hashcode, fixed a few other bugs

This is heavily based on the STS-Dev Team (hashcode-dhacker29) and the liquid team sources. So a big thanks to them and to cyanogenmod, also to users fattire and redflea. Without their work-sources I will never have even tried this. This still has the same bugs as the other 4.2 roms.

You can find what modified code I used on github here: https://github.com/jsnweitzel.

As usually you are responsible for whatever you do to your device.

CrackFlasher.Com is running nightlies of the Liquid ROM RC2.0 for the Droid 3, Droid 4, Droid Razr / Maxx, Euro Razr / Maxx, and Droid Bionic [OMAP4 Crew] if anyone still enjoys nightlies of this ROM.
If you like these nightlies, please make sure you thank the Hardware devs (@dhacker29 and @hashcode0f) for setting up the HW and Kernel.

STS-Dev-Team.CrackFlasher.com Public Repo @hashcode0f - @dhacker29

Enjoy.

X

GigaJake

Reaction score
RC2 has so many more goodies. Look's really good. My only beef is the keyboard backlight is now tethered to the hardware keys, just like CM and AOKP. Jsnweitzel's build had the keyboard working 100%, why hasn't this been worked into the CM code?

Regardless, Liquid is the bomb. Totally my daily. Thanks!

Edit: J man to the rescue again. Thank you!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ws6formula350

Reaction score
I lost MMS and group MMS after a reboot, but I installed over top of RC1 after wiping cache/dalvik/system.

Gonna try full clean install in a bit.

ghatala

Reaction score
Great ROM been using it for a while now and I know there are issues with the BT. I have posted about it before. I just don't understand that this is not talked about here or elsewhere more than it has been. Maybe I am wrong about usage of this feature but it is very valuable to me and I know it is a problem with all the ROMs. I guess my question is since this doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the community, am I in the minority of headset users. I use my BT audio exclusively and it is an invaluable tool while talking and working or on the road in the car. I'm not at all complaining but just curious as to haw far down the list this fix is. If it is a long way off, that's OK and I will just switch back to stock.

Love this ROM and thanks to the team for all the work they have done.

Froyo

Reaction score
New build is very snappy too

Yeah, I noticed that too. For me it's a bit too snappy. I'm having difficulty clicking icons in this build due to have sensitive a zippy it is. However, since I installed it over the previous build and only wiped cache, dalvik, and system, I obviously can't determine for certain if the ROM or lack of full wipe is the cause.

Can anybody confirm if they're having the same problem? If not, I'll just do a full wipe and reinstall. Aside from that, this is a great ROM. I usually use AOKP as my secondary ROM for Droid 4, being that I can't stand Cyanogen Mod, but after trying the new 4.2.2 AOKP last night, I found myself bored with it after about ten minutes and deleted it. Liquid JB is just downright superior.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Great ROM been using it for a while now and I know there are issues with the BT. I have posted about it before. I just don't understand that this is not talked about here or elsewhere more than it has been. Maybe I am wrong about usage of this feature but it is very valuable to me and I know it is a problem with all the ROMs. I guess my question is since this doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the community, am I in the minority of headset users. I use my BT audio exclusively and it is an invaluable tool while talking and working or on the road in the car. I'm not at all complaining but just curious as to haw far down the list this fix is. If it is a long way off, that's OK and I will just switch back to stock.

Love this ROM and thanks to the team for all the work they have done.

It's not talked about because it's an understood issue with all 4.2 roms. Hashcode and dhacker29 are working very hard to get it resolved, but they have a very long list of things they're trying to accomplish simultaneously. I would recommend watching the CM10.1 thread or Hash's twitter, because that's where you'll hear any news about it the fastest. But until then, there's no reason to beat a dead horse. Just be patient, I have no idea what the progress is, but last time Hash tweeted about it, it didn't look good.

powdersuber

Reaction score
Agreed.... patience. I am thankful for all the developers work so far! You all are doing awesome work!

ghatala

Reaction score
It's not talked about because it's an understood issue with all 4.2 roms. Hashcode and dhacker29 are working very hard to get it resolved, but they have a very long list of things they're trying to accomplish simultaneously. I would recommend watching the CM10.1 thread or Hash's twitter, because that's where you'll hear any news about it the fastest. But until then, there's no reason to beat a dead horse. Just be patient, I have no idea what the progress is, but last time Hash tweeted about it, it didn't look good.

I wasn't trashing the progress I am thankful for all the hard work to date. I was just wondering about it is all. I do know how difficult these things are. Thank God for safestrap and multiboot setups.

GigaJake

Reaction score
I wasn't trashing the progress I am thankful for all the hard work to date. I was just wondering about it is all. I do know how difficult these things are. Thank God for safestrap and multiboot setups.

And I meant no disrespect to you, but until Hashcode or Dhacker can solve the BT bug, I wouldn't cross your fingers for any progress. Good luck.