Liquid JB 4.2 Rom Droid 4 XT894

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
THIS IS NOW OFFICIALLY SUPPORTED BY LIQUIDSMOOTH.
I am still doing some of my own builds too. All recent builds are ROM SLOT 3 ONLY.

Get it here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

This is heavily based on the STS-Dev Team (hashcode-dhacker29) and the liquid team sources. So a big thanks to them and to cyanogenmod, also to users fattire and redflea. Without their work-sources I will never have even tried this. This still has the same bugs as the other 4.2 roms.

As usually you are responsible for whatever you do to your device.

Last edited:

GigaJake

Reaction score
A working keyboard light?! Yes! Thank you!

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

GigaJake

Reaction score
Love the rom and the working backlight, but there is one teensy thing I'm curious about. The notification bar seems to go transparent at times, especially when opening apps. It remains completely transparent while sitting at my homescreen (nova launcher). Wondering if there is a system setting that needs tweaked to fix this? Nothing obvious jumped out at me

kwyrt

Reaction score
Love the rom and the working backlight, but there is one teensy thing I'm curious about. The notification bar seems to go transparent at times, especially when opening apps. It remains completely transparent while sitting at my homescreen (nova launcher). Wondering if there is a system setting that needs tweaked to fix this? Nothing obvious jumped out at me

Did not even notice this until you mentioned it. Now it bugs me. Thanks a lot. LOL

Sent from my Droid 4 - LiquidSmooth

GigaJake

Reaction score
Did not even notice this until you mentioned it. Now it bugs me. Thanks a lot. LOL

Haha, sorry! I'm pretty OCD about it too so I can't help it. Noticed it remains black on Go Launcher or when Nova is competing with another launcher for being default. Could have something to do with the memory, idk. If you fixed this I would be a happy man!

Last edited:
OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

Looks like this might be a system ui bug. That I didn't seem to notice until now or just appears after a certain change-crash.

GigaJake

Reaction score
Looks like this might be a system ui bug. That I didn't seem to notice until now or just appears after a certain change-crash.

Hopefully it's not a hard fix, but ironing that out would make this my official 4.2 rom of choice. Thanks for the good work

OP
jsnweitzel

jsnweitzel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Ok I been playing around with this and still think it might be a ui issue but it seems you can fix it for now under the settings navigation bar. Turn the opacity up to 100%. Which sounds wrong but darkens the bar completely.

kwyrt

Reaction score
Ok I been playing around with this and still think it might be a ui issue but it seems you can fix it for now under the settings navigation bar. Turn the opacity up to 100%. Which sounds wrong but darkens the bar completely.

That worked for me. Thanks!

local444

Reaction score
what bugs are there?? someone wanna make a quick note please :)

kwyrt

Reaction score
I figured I would post this here as well since it should work for all 4.2.1 ROMs. Per tweet from dhacker: “Moto KILLROM users someone tweeted me earlier and stated that if you turn off the lockscreen you can turn the ringtone back on” I'm at work so I haven't had a chance to test this out. If anyone wants to try it let us now if it works. I'll be testing this out this evening.