Liberty V0.6 Released!

KnuckleSandwich

Reaction score
antintyty, I currently do not have AOSP email or Blur email working on .6. I did a wipe when I installed .6 but only have gmail working. I was able to add the account via the accounts wizard, but there is no email app that works with exchange on the phone at all.

If anyone has any info that would help please chime in.

this is why i switched to zombiestomped...I can't live without exchange email/contacts!!

That is truly a deal breaker for me! I know how to get around the contacts, but it's not a sync deal, and that sucks.

I was previously able to view all my exchange info. It was actually working quite a bit better than blur does it. It just so happens that neither AOSP email nor Blur "Messaging" are installed in the latest update to Liberty.

kernelhappy

Reaction score
antintyty, I currently do not have AOSP email or Blur email working on .6. I did a wipe when I installed .6 but only have gmail working. I was able to add the account via the accounts wizard, but there is no email app that works with exchange on the phone at all.

As best i can tell you need to run the Liberty Customizer to install a regular email client (blur or AOSP), none is installed by default and in fact it looks like the one I had installed from 0.5 disappeared with the update. Run it and it'll ask you which one you want.

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Fabyloso,
Have you run the liberty customizer? As best I can tell no email ( blur or asop) is installed until you select it in the customizer

DX LGB 0.5

Not sure what you're referring to. I'm talking about the yellow Liberty theme that comes with these LGB ROMS. Not the ASOP/BLUR components.

Sorry, meant to respond to Knucklesandwich from tapatalk which didn't quote the original and when I went back to see who I was responding to I grabbed the wrong name). I don't have any input on your problem. Sorry.

Dream

Reaction score
Anybody else notice the Facebook app is kind of funky? Every time I scroll the screen turns a shade of blue then back to white when I let go. It's been like this ever since the GB roms.

antintyty

Reaction score

As best i can tell you need to run the Liberty Customizer to install a regular email client (blur or AOSP), none is installed by default and in fact it looks like the one I had installed from 0.5 disappeared with the update. Run it and it'll ask you which one you want.

I took the plung! I've got my email, but haven't seen the contacts yet. I'll let you know if they upload...

EDIT: Contacts seemed to have appeared...waiting on the rest of my market stuff to get right, then redo my home screens and such...

EDIT 2: The contacts have synced, but there's no phone numbers attached to them....Weird...

Last edited:

Rezael

Reaction score
Im having some problems dl'ing the liberty update. I/o error...I've rebooted deleted the old file and restarted the dl with no avail. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DyMiC

Reaction score
Downloading now! Will be back in a bit with some feedback!!!!

Things I'm Hoping For With This Release:

NO MORE SYNC ICON APPEARING AND GETTING STUCK

No more 3G deciding to switch to 1X and getting stuck on it.

We'll see what happens!

::EDIT::

Whoa! This is just snappier! Quick quick quick! I ran Quadrant, and it only says 1513.... but I swear I've NEVER seen Quadrant go that fast. Let's see how this pans out over the next couple of days! But so far, so good!

P.S.- The new lockscreen is DOPE!

Last edited:

reznorfan0

Reaction score
Would upgrade, but I need themes. Hopefully Sensai will be doing a more complete version of the honeycomb theme for these upcoming releases...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just theme it yourself with Metamorph. I like doing that better anyway. I'm rocking a hc theme on 2.0.1 that I did in mm. I'm sure many themes are on the way!

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

KnuckleSandwich

Reaction score

That was the ticket. I totally forgot I ran the customizer when I upgraded to .5. Thanks!
dancingDroid.gif

antintyty

Reaction score

That was the ticket. I totally forgot I ran the customizer when I upgraded to .5. Thanks!
dancedroid

I'm not sure why it asks me what calendar i want when it doesn't work anyways....the Blur calender...for exchange doesn't work.

Edit: So i did some readjusting...and rebooted, now i've lost all my contacts again...this sucks...SEE YA Liberty...Wasted my money!!

Last edited:

rickerbilly

Reaction score
dancedroid

I'm not sure why it asks me what calendar i want when it doesn't work anyways....the Blur calender...for exchange doesn't work.

Edit: So i did some readjusting...and rebooted, now i've lost all my contacts again...this sucks...SEE YA Liberty...Wasted my money!!

these "problems " are USER ERROR. long live Liberty!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
When will people learn to export contacts to the sd card. Then you always have them

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz