Liberty 3 RC 1.1?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
SO ... STARTING WITH LIBERTY V0.9 ISN'T AN OPTION? I thought that was the point of using the Toolbox ... being able to update over the air without have to flash back to ground zero ... NO?

Rick

There are files in the Toolbox you can use to get you to where you need to be. Look in stock and OTA in the ROM Manager section of the Toolbox. You'll need the 2.3.340 one and the .602 one. Follow the instructions to install those. Then install Liberty 3.

Boot Manager

earnric

Reaction score
There are files in the Toolbox you can use to get you to where you need to be. Look in stock and OTA in the ROM Manager section of the Toolbox. You'll need the 2.3.340 one and the .602 one. Follow the instructions to install those. Then install Liberty 3.

Boot Manager

Thx... but looks like 2.3.340 takes you completely back to stock right? No root, etc... so you have to go thru the whole process again?? Or will the Liberty Toolbox be around after 2.3.340 ?? (I'm doubting it... right??)

So --
  1. Use toolbox to install stock 2.3.240 ...
  2. Re-root
  3. Reinstall liberty toolbox
  4. Then install .602 ...
  5. Then install LIberty 3
Sound right?

Rick

OP
R

rcglider

Reaction score
It took some time to refresh my memory, but it is all set. Super One Click would not work for some reason, so ended up using Motorola Once Click Root.

Liberty 3 running, all is well.

urples

Reaction score
which kernal are you running CM 7.1? froyo or GB? if you're running CM 7 GB, you can flash Liberty 3 over it just remember to wipe. i don't think you can flash lib 3 over CM 7.1 froyo.

earnric

Reaction score
which kernal are you running CM 7.1? froyo or GB? if you're running CM 7 GB, you can flash Liberty 3 over it just remember to wipe. i don't think you can flash lib 3 over CM 7.1 froyo.

Can you just toolbox install over Liberty v0.9? ... after a data wipe?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thx... but looks like 2.3.340 takes you completely back to stock right? No root, etc... so you have to go thru the whole process again?? Or will the Liberty Toolbox be around after 2.3.340 ?? (I'm doubting it... right??)

So --
  1. Use toolbox to install stock 2.3.240 ...
  2. Re-root
  3. Reinstall liberty toolbox
  4. Then install .602 ...
  5. Then install LIberty 3
Sound right?

Rick

Yes. Use Z4 root or Gingerbreak to reroot Froyo

Boot Manager

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

You can't install Liberty over the official CM7 (Froyo). You can over Revnumber's unofficial CM7GB builds though.

Boot Manager

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can you just toolbox install over Liberty v0.9? ... after a data wipe?

You can't get the updated radio baseband file unless you install .602 or .605 over Froyo. No getting around that.

If you try to install Liberty 3 over v.09, you will most likely have to sbf, so you are forewarned of that possibility.

Boot Manager

earnric

Reaction score
You can't get the updated radio baseband file unless you install .602 or .605 over Froyo. No getting around that.

If you try to install Liberty 3 over v.09, you will most likely have to sbf, so you are forewarned of that possibility.

Boot Manager

Thx again Brad ... But I thought I had Gingerbread as the basis of v.9?? Here's the screen snap.

R
View attachment 41770

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thx again Brad ... But I thought I had Gingerbread as the basis of v.9?? Here's the screen snap.

R
View attachment 41770

You do have Gingerbread, but there are different system versions of GB. There have been 3 GB OTA's. Generally, you can install an older build ROM over a newer version of GB, but not vice versa. For example, you could install Liberty v.9 over .605 with no issues.

One thing I did notice, is that .596 has the same kernel as .602 and .605.

Also, you have the old baseband (.12). The newer one (.13) is supposed to be much improved.

Boot Manager

earnric

Reaction score
You do have Gingerbread, but there are different system versions of GB. There have been 3 GB OTA's. Generally, you can install an older build ROM over a newer version of GB, but not vice versa. For example, you could install Liberty v.9 over .605 with no issues.

One thing I did notice, is that .596 has the same kernel as .602 and .605.

Also, you have the old baseband (.12). The newer one (.13) is supposed to be much improved.

Boot Manager

Ok, so I'll follow your SBF instructions and get the latest download from your "DROIDX SBF GUIDE" and update it tonight... That Z4 root thing always stresses me out tho ... never works as advertised: hangs for 30 min, takes a couple reboots for me to get my phone back!

Thx again ... I'll be sure to buy you a beer via the tip jar. ;)

Rick

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'll follow your SBF instructions and get the latest download from your "DROIDX SBF GUIDE" and update it tonight... That Z4 root thing always stresses me out tho ... never works as advertised: hangs for 30 min, takes a couple reboots for me to get my phone back!

Thx again ... I'll be sure to buy you a beer via the tip jar. ;)

Rick

I use Z4 1.3.0 and it has never hung up on me. 1.1.0 did for me.

BTW, what system font is that? I like that one.

Boot Manager

earnric

Reaction score
I use Z4 1.3.0 and it has never hung up on me. 1.1.0 did for me.

BTW, what system font is that? I like that one.

Boot Manager

Is it a cool one huh? ... Its Olney font ... pretty clean...

Rick

(I suppose if I look around the forum I'll find a link to the latest Z4 root right?)

bkendrick

Reaction score
After you install but before you run Z4 root on froyo, reboot. Do this and you will never have a problem.

DX. CFU. LIB GB 3 RC1.1