Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have to say this again. I would REALLY like to be able to customize my themes. Like in the toolbox pick a theme and select the icons, notification icons, battery icons....so I can apply them all in one reboot.

That would be AWESOME!!!

plutonium0587

Reaction score
I'm not sure why but when I go to download the Blur Gallery it says downloading, the phone then reboots and then CW can't find the file. When I browse for the .zip in the liberty folder it isn't in there. I have tried a few times now. It is like it thinks it downloads but it really didnt.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I tried for a fourth time over 3g instead of wifi and it worked. Something was wrong with my connection but I'm not sure why it attempted to download if it wasn't really downloading anything. Maybe a connection check would be good? This would help if there were server issues too.

Last edited:

zachjen

Reaction score
any way to get the stock Blur email app to work with this? I put BlurEmail.apk and BlurEmailEngine.apk in the system/apps folder and fixed the permissions, rebooted but it didn't work.

cydetrakd

Reaction score
it would be really nice to get back the stock dxeye live wallpaper as an addon in the toolbox and even d2eye for the few that favor that wallpaper also.

I'm partial to the dxeye myself simply because its minimal but yet still a nice lol wallpaper since the one available from xda sucks compared to the stock one please let us have it as an option since taking it out of system/app/ from a blurry rom didnt work.

a86me

Reaction score
ok so i cant seem to figure out how to get the oc widget, wheres that at? i got droid overclock...

Reaction score
ok so i cant seem to figure out how to get the oc widget, wheres that at? i got droid overclock...

This doesn't really belong in the Liberty Toolbox thread, but oh well.

You can get the widget onto one of your home screens the same way you would any other widget; long-press an empty space on a home screen, then select "Widgets" followed by "Droid Overclock" from the menus.

a86me

Reaction score

This doesn't really belong in the Liberty Toolbox thread, but oh well.

You can get the widget onto one of your home screens the same way you would any other widget; long-press an empty space on a home screen, then select "Widgets" followed by "Droid Overclock" from the menus.
Ya sorry about the post jack, I was looking at this thread and saw the widget... for some reason droid overclock isn't in the widgets list

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

crome1115

Reaction score
ok not sure if anyone is having issues with the tool box themes.. none of the ones i try to download work.. everytime it goes to install it aborts and gives error code.. ive tried downloading the toolbox from the market place and same things happens.. any info on this would be greatly appreciated.. thanks..

jsaffer

Reaction score
How to Change App Icon

The description of for App Management includes an item to change the default app icon. But I can't find that option when I call up the App Management window. I see a list as follows: Apps to SD, Remove Apps, Install Add-Ons, and Backup/Restore. I downloaded Liberty Tools from the Market and am running it on a Droid X. Any ideas on how I can access this feature so I can change an app icon? Thanks!

★ App Management:
☆ Apps2SD
☆ Remove/Backup system/data apps
☆ Install Add-Ons on the fly (blur, non-blur, extras, etc.)
☆ Backup/restore feature
☆ Change default app icons and battery icons

Reaction score
The description of for App Management includes an item to change the default app icon. But I can't find that option when I call up the App Management window. I see a list as follows: Apps to SD, Remove Apps, Install Add-Ons, and Backup/Restore. I downloaded Liberty Tools from the Market and am running it on a Droid X. Any ideas on how I can access this feature so I can change an app icon? Thanks!

It's under Liberty Mods -> Icon Picker.

jsaffer

Reaction score

It's under Liberty Mods -> Icon Picker.
Ah, yes. I see it. So, the next question is, how do I assign one of those icons to replace the icon that is currently displayed for a particular app? Can you walk me through that? Thanks much.

Jason

jsaffer

Reaction score
OK, when I click on one of the icons listed as a "stock icon," a message appears that says "setting icon." But that's not telling me how to assign that icon to a particular app whose icon I want to change. I'm still missing something here. Thanks.

Reaction score
OK, when I click on one of the icons listed as a "stock icon," a message appears that says "setting icon." But that's not telling me how to assign that icon to a particular app whose icon I want to change. I'm still missing something here. Thanks.

It automatically assigns the icon to the app that most obviously goes with it. If, for some reason, you want to do something funky like assign a calculator icon to the Browser app, I'm afraid you'll have to turn to a different tool, like Ninjamorph.