Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

jsaffer

Reaction score
Ah, I got it. Thanks much. That's what I was trying to do, so that's why Liberty's tools didn't do the trick.

Jason

Xaviorffviii

Reaction score
r2d2 boot and lock?

I'm trying to install r2d2 boot animation and r2d2 lockscreen, but it doesn't work no matter how I go about it.

Why doesn't Liberty play nice with the boot animation and lockscreen? And is there any way to do it? I tried metamorph and that didn't work, tried liberty tool and that didn't work either. I had it on my phone once before and both worked fine.

Reaction score
I'm trying to install r2d2 boot animation and r2d2 lockscreen, but it doesn't work no matter how I go about it.

Why doesn't Liberty play nice with the boot animation and lockscreen? And is there any way to do it? I tried metamorph and that didn't work, tried liberty tool and that didn't work either. I had it on my phone once before and both worked fine.

The boot animation should work just fine. I installed mine (actually, my own custom mod of the R2-D2 boot animation, which I posted on another thread... I replaced the opening "Star Wars" logo to resemble the one in the movies) via Liberty Toolbox. The only thing that may not work reliably is the boot animation sound, which may require a patched bootanimation.bin file (I don't know why). Metamorph can't help you with the boot animation, so I'm not sure what you were trying, exactly...

Where did you get your boot animation file from?

As for the lockscreen, I'm not really sure if it can be made to work with Liberty and other blurless ROMs without significant changes, since Motorola's lockscreen seems to work differently than the AOSP one. I was able to get it to work on Fission 2.4.3, but it stopped working in Fission 2.5+ when Team Defuse replaced the lockscreen with the AOSP version. I never tried on Liberty.

Xaviorffviii

Reaction score

The boot animation should work just fine. I installed mine (actually, my own custom mod of the R2-D2 boot animation, which I posted on another thread... I replaced the opening "Star Wars" logo to resemble the one in the movies) via Liberty Toolbox. The only thing that may not work reliably is the boot animation sound, which may require a patched bootanimation.bin file (I don't know why). Metamorph can't help you with the boot animation, so I'm not sure what you were trying, exactly...

Where did you get your boot animation file from?

As for the lockscreen, I'm not really sure if it can be made to work with Liberty and other blurless ROMs without significant changes, since Motorola's lockscreen seems to work differently than the AOSP one. I was able to get it to work on Fission 2.4.3, but it stopped working in Fission 2.5+ when Team Defuse replaced the lockscreen with the AOSP version. I never tried on Liberty.

I've tried a lot of different boot animation files, I just tried another one called "r2d2-bootanimationmod.zip". I think i've tried 3 or 4 so far. I must be doing something wrong, or I don't have something setup right.

This last attempt, although didn't change the boot much, had the liberty boot sequence, but then would start to flash a little(im guessing something from the r2d2 carried over, just not the actual pictures)

What I did was this

1) Download to root of sdcard
2) Restart in clockwork recovery
3) go to mounts and storage
4) select mount system
5) go back out and select install zip from sdcard
6) select choose zip from sdcard
7) Navigate to and select your zip to install
8) reboot phone

Ya about the metamorph, wasn't to proud of myself either, but I was willing to give anything a shot at least once!

Could you send me the one you have if you don't mind it no longer being the only one in existence? It's been really bugging me because I had it once on flyx or the stock, can't remember. I've literally been working this all day ugh.

Reaction score
I've tried a lot of different boot animation files, I just tried another one called "r2d2-bootanimationmod.zip". I think i've tried 3 or 4 so far. I must be doing something wrong, or I don't have something setup right.

This last attempt, although didn't change the boot much, had the liberty boot sequence, but then would start to flash a little(im guessing something from the r2d2 carried over, just not the actual pictures)

What I did was this

1) Download to root of sdcard
2) Restart in clockwork recovery
3) go to mounts and storage
4) select mount system
5) go back out and select install zip from sdcard
6) select choose zip from sdcard
7) Navigate to and select your zip to install
8) reboot phone

Ya about the metamorph, wasn't to proud of myself either, but I was willing to give anything a shot at least once!

Could you send me the one you have if you don't mind it no longer being the only one in existence? It's been really bugging me because I had it once on flyx or the stock, can't remember. I've literally been working this all day ugh.

Ahhh... I know why it didn't work. My bootanimationmod (as well as Team Black Hat's release, which it's based on) installs bootanimation.zip to /system/media, while Liberty's default boot animation is stored in /data/local, which overrides the one in /system/media.

You have three options: (1) using Root Explorer, delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip, (2) using Root Explorer, move /system/media/bootanimation.zip (and the accompanying OGG file if you want the boot-up sound) to /data/local, or (3) copy the bootanimation.zip file of your choice to the root of your SD card, then install it using the Liberty Toolbox.

Option (3) is probably the most convenient. If you prefer, you could also use my altered version of the boot animation with the Star Wars logo from the movies, as well as the companion "A long time ago..." boot logo to precede the animation (which you can also install using the Liberty Toolbox). Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Xaviorffviii

Reaction score
Yata

Ahhh... I know why it didn't work. My bootanimationmod (as well as Team Black Hat's release, which it's based on) installs bootanimation.zip to /system/media, while Liberty's default boot animation is stored in /data/local, which overrides the one in /system/media.

You have three options: (1) using Root Explorer, delete /data/local/bootanimation.zip, (2) using Root Explorer, move /system/media/bootanimation.zip (and the accompanying OGG file if you want the boot-up sound) to /data/local, or (3) copy the bootanimation.zip file of your choice to the root of your SD card, then install it using the Liberty Toolbox.

Option (3) is probably the most convenient. If you prefer, you could also use my altered version of the boot animation with the Star Wars logo from the movies, as well as the companion "A long time ago..." boot logo to precede the animation (which you can also install using the Liberty Toolbox). Let me know if you need more detailed instructions.

Worked like a charm!!!!

For others who may come across this problem I listed what I did.

I used SUFBS to alter files, mounted System RW and Data RW.

1: I first deleted bootanimation.zip from /system/media, and deleted the bootanimation.zip from /data/local, (don't do this next part if you don't have a replacement)--> I also deleted bootanimation.[unknown file type] from /system/bin.

2: I first replaced the "unknown file type" "bootanimation" with one I downloaded for r2d2 boot animation a couple months ago.

3: Then I put the r2d2 "bootanimation.zip" in /data/local.

4: Finally I first tried to put the ".OGG" sound file in /data/local, but that didn't work. I then put the ".OGG" sound file back to /system/media, and it works perfectly with sound. (I'm assuming the "desc" text file in "bootanimation.zip" still says to look for the ".OGG" in /system/media and thats why)

mingaldrichgan thank you so much!

Xaviorffviii

Reaction score
Custom Star Wars lock screen for liberty

I wasn't able to get the star wars lockscreen to work.

I was however able to make a kind of mod of it, I've included the files in this post. You have to know how to use apk manager, and you need the widgetlocker application.

Reaction score
I wasn't able to get the star wars lockscreen to work.

I was however able to make a kind of mod of it, I've included the files in this post. You have to know how to use apk manager, and you need the widgetlocker application.

That's pretty cool. By the way, the next version of WidgetLocker is slated to have support for custom themes... yay! (And lots of other goodies as well.)

Arsonman

Reaction score
Ok, so I attempted to install the Gingerbread theme from the toolbox. It starts to download and goes into reboot. After the phone reboots I can not find the theme and it is not loaded.

Pellegrini406

Reaction score
That happened to me too. Just try to redownload the theme, but before you do that you have to delete the one that just downloaded. so use astro or root exploer to find the liberty folder and then downloads and then delete that file. then you can re download it.

Arsonman

Reaction score
Ok, with astro I click on Liberty 1.5 folder. I go into downloads. In that folder is two files. One is labled gbkb and the other is GingerbreadBlue1.5. When I click on the Gingerbread file a pop up comes on and says "Error: Directory GingerbreadBlue1.5.zip could not be loaded. The other is the gingerbread keyboard. It wont let me delete the GingerbreadBlue1.5.