Let the countdown begin for Motorola Razr ICS

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I don't know of any upload/ download speed threads.. the leaks have gotten more and more stable. And I've heard some say that ics is faster, and others say that it wasn't as fast.

My personal experience is that I don't have any :) I've been staying on the path with this phone.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

Damnit, well that's too bad, I'm in Central NJ, get good to excellent LTE signal, at my home, 50-75% signal strangth, enough to churn out 14 mbps down, 10 mbps up, fastest speed 22.43 mbps down, 10 up, still impressive on gingerbread, can hardly wait what ICS provides me. Also note-worthy that I am averaging 40-48 hours/charge with LTE always enabled, sending lots of texts, good amount of web-browsing, some youtube and pandora.:biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Now its our duty to have your favorite variety of ics in your freezer to help please the ics gods :) it will help ensure an error free soak, and quick release :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I honestly think it is real close for the RAZR maxx. I would not be surprised to see VZW put ics info on their website after they finish pushing out the nexus update. But that is my guess barring any bugs or issue. I am interested in seeing how the RAZR handle reporting of lte and if it does better with data than the nexus on ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jxpinc

Reaction score
Will webtop 3.0 still allow me to watch web-only content on Hulu since we are losing the Firefox browser?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I honestly think it is real close for the RAZR maxx. I would not be surprised to see VZW put ics info on their website after they finish pushing out the nexus update. But that is my guess barring any bugs or issue. I am interested in seeing how the RAZR handle reporting of lte and if it does better with data than the nexus on ics.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Do you have any thoughts on if a new moto device will drop first? Or do you think ics will drop, then the next device?

jeff.wilson2000

Reaction score
I was running an AOKP ICS ROM (Black Widow) on my Razr MAXX until about a week ago, and I can answer a few questions:
  1. The capacitive buttons remain the functional buttons (ie, there is not a "double" set of buttons). I did not see an option to NOT use the capacitive buttons with the ROM I was running.
  2. The MAXX positively *screamed* with ICS. Part of it was that it was an AOKP ROM, so it was quite stripped down with absolutely no bloat. We'll see what gets ladled on top with the official release from Motorola/Verizon, however. ;)
I ended up going back to stock Motorola GB as there were a couple of issues that were dealbreakers for me, but it had everything to do with the ROM not being a "signed" ROM - there was a mission critical app that I use every day that would not let me install the key that I had purchased to go along with it, so the app had to run in demo mode, which disabled some key features that I require. Also, the ROM itself was rather flaky about the way that it would enable and disable background data, sometimes requiring a reboot to re-engage data (airplane mode on/off wouldn't solve it) - I think this was a function of my particular setup and this particular ROM, not of ICS in general. There were known things that were not worked out yet on this ROM.

Overall, I was mightily impressed with ICS on my MAXX, and if it weren't for those two particular details, I would have stayed with the AOKP ROM.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Do you have any thoughts on if a new moto device will drop first? Or do you think ics will drop, then the next device?

Summer is coming up. So we should be seeing a slew of devices coming out in like mid June.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Summer is coming up. So we should be seeing a slew of devices coming out in like mid June.

I hope so :D

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I was watching more of the vids. Did moto FINALLY allow users to just use an HDMI cable to access webtop? No more forcing add ons/hacking to get it?

vaeron

Reaction score
I was watching more of the vids. Did moto FINALLY allow users to just use an HDMI cable to access webtop? No more forcing add ons/hacking to get it?

To be honest I would be upset about this, but it would be a good direction in general. I would be upset because I had to buy all the accessories in order to be able to use my phone that way.

On a happier note, WebTop 3.0 looks pretty slick. Basically just tablet mode.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I asked this same question last week. The buttons we have will stay functioning. The on screen buttons will only be for devices that were built with ics as their out of box OS. At least from what I've been told, and could gather. :thumbup:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!
Actually quiet a few devices that are releasing out of the box with ICS are using the capacitive buttons. The onscreen buttons are not standard across all the different handsets. SGSIII and EVO 4G LTE are just a couple examples....

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Actually quiet a few devices that are releasing out of the box with ICS are using the capacitive buttons. The onscreen buttons are not standard across all the different handsets. SGSIII and EVO 4G LTE are just a couple examples....

See, that's why I like this site... always learning something new here :) Thanx for the correction :cool:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
To be honest I would be upset about this, but it would be a good direction in general. I would be upset because I had to buy all the accessories in order to be able to use my phone that way.

On a happier note, WebTop 3.0 looks pretty slick. Basically just tablet mode.

I think it would depend on which one you got. Like that dongle would have been one, but not the dock station or the laptop dock. Since those have some cool additions you don't get with just the dongle or HDMI cable. Like additional USB ports and portability.

I wonder if Moto will launch a pad add on like ASUS did.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly tired of hearing "RAZR this, RAZR that, RAZR ICS - RAZR, RAZR, RAZR" - WHAT ABOUT THE BIONIC?

The Bionic could be seeing ICS as little as one day later than the RAZR (in theory, based on "Q2"; "EARLY Q3"). You'd think the freaking RAZR was the only device on the planet slated to get ICS, from the way people act on this forum.

I ask this in all seriousness - What on earth is so special about the RAZR? Damn thing is a Bionic minus the removeable battery, basically.

He mad.