Let the countdown begin for Motorola Razr ICS

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Motorola-Ice-Cream-Sandwich.jpg

Guys I hinted at last week that Razr fans will love ics and I believe I will prove right. Motorola posted some videos which I will post after the break.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes we know that is international but you can expect that is what we should see on vzw + vzw backup assistance, vz navigator, lets golf 2, madden, need for speed, etc :biggrin:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Motorola-Ice-Cream-Sandwich.jpg

Guys I hinted at last week that Razr fans will love ics and I believe I will prove right. Motorola posted some videos which I will post after the break.

I told you he knew something!!! Lol. :sly:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
What use will the capacitive buttons have once ICS is pushed out? Since on-screen buttons are standard for ICS, will they be redundant, or will there be an accessibility option to turn off the sensors so they don't act as counter-productive? How much screen-area loss will occur? Obviously with 4.3" display, cannot complain about not being able to see anything or do anything.:haha:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What use will the capacitive buttons have once ICS is pushed out? Since on-screen buttons are standard for ICS, will they be redundant, or will there be an accessibility option to turn off the sensors so they don't act as counter-productive? How much screen-area loss will occur? Obviously with 4.3" display, cannot complain about not being able to see anything or do anything.:haha:

I asked this same question last week. The buttons we have will stay functioning. The on screen buttons will only be for devices that were built with ics as their out of box OS. At least from what I've been told, and could gather. :thumbup:

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
I asked this same question last week. The buttons we have will stay functioning. The on screen buttons will only be for devices that were built with ics as their out of box OS. At least from what I've been told, and could gather. :thumbup:

That certainly helps things now by a longshot. Tried searching for LTE upload/download speed thread, no such luck, any help?

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly tired of hearing "RAZR this, RAZR that, RAZR ICS - RAZR, RAZR, RAZR" - WHAT ABOUT THE BIONIC?

The Bionic could be seeing ICS as little as one day later than the RAZR (in theory, based on "Q2"; "EARLY Q3"). You'd think the freaking RAZR was the only device on the planet slated to get ICS, from the way people act on this forum.

I ask this in all seriousness - What on earth is so special about the RAZR? Damn thing is a Bionic minus the removeable battery, basically.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That certainly helps things now by a longshot. Tried searching for LTE upload/download speed thread, no such luck, any help?

I don't know of any upload/ download speed threads.. the leaks have gotten more and more stable. And I've heard some say that ics is faster, and others say that it wasn't as fast.

My personal experience is that I don't have any :) I've been staying on the path with this phone.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Right just like the rezound with its ics the razr and other device with capacitive buttons will not have on screen buttons.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm honestly tired of hearing "RAZR this, RAZR that, RAZR ICS - RAZR, RAZR, RAZR" - WHAT ABOUT THE BIONIC?

The Bionic could be seeing ICS as little as one day later than the RAZR (in theory, based on "Q2"; "EARLY Q3"). You'd think the freaking RAZR was the only device on the planet slated to get ICS, from the way people act on this forum.

I ask this in all seriousness - What on earth is so special about the RAZR? Damn thing is a Bionic minus the removeable battery, basically.

To be frank that is on Motorola and vzw. Based on the ics schedule the razr will get updated to ics in q2 (probably next month) while the bionic q3 even though the bionic was first. The razr is motorola's baby right now and the bionic they will still support but you can tell they put all their weight behind the razr.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
So, theoretically speaking will our GB dual core phones become smoother/faster on ICS? Since it's dual core optimized?

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
So, theoretically speaking will our GB dual core phones become smoother/faster on ICS? Since it's dual core optimized?
I would say so, but smoother/zippier would do moreso with ICS OS as-a-whole over sheer power, less wasted calculations, processes, etc. More efficient allocation of available resource with ICS, less errors too I hope.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say so, but smoother/zippier would do moreso with ICS OS as-a-whole over sheer power, less wasted calculations, processes, etc. More efficient allocation of available resource with ICS, less errors too I hope.

ICS is more resource intensive, if anything. Most of the performance improvements will be due to hardware GUI acceleration, and a true multi-core kernel.