Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

Z

ZeroBarrier

thanks for the info, the only thing is that i have my wife's phone running frg01 and all the apps show up in her market. so it doesn't seem to be a froyo problem, it seems to be an unofficial build problem?

does anyone have the link to the frg01 rooted?

If your wife's phone is running FRG01 and all the apps are showing up in her market app, then the possibility is very high that it's a FRG01 with a market fix already applied. Is your wife's phone running the official OTA or a leak/ROM of FRG01?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
ugh... everything is great, but i'm missing a lot of apps in the apps store. mlb at bat, pure calendar widget. will the original market fix take care of this?
The market fix tells the market you're still running 2.1, so yes, it works, but it does so in a way that you might not want it to. Did you backup your apps with Astro or Titanium before flashing this in? If not, you could always restore your latest nandroid, do so, and then reflash this.

The apps WILL be updated to 2.2, eventually. It's up to the Dev to do so, but as more phones hit the market (no pun intended) running 2.2 and 3.0+, the incentive for the Devs to upgrade their apps becomes overwhelming.

thanks for the info, the only thing is that i have my wife's phone running frg01 and all the apps show up in her market. so it doesn't seem to be a froyo problem, it seems to be an unofficial build problem?

does anyone have the link to the frg01 rooted?
http://bit.ly/otafroyo

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
How do I get theFRG01B OTA? I have not gotten the option to update pushed to me.
1, you don't get an option to have it pushed to you; it gets pushed automatically.
2, a manual update would be faster -- do you want an order of root with that?
3, the update has been reportedly suspended and at least one user here has reported a bricked phone from the OTA when it was pushed to him last night.

Thanks I will just wait until the official update comes out. I use it for work and pleasure and can't afford to have it bricked. Thanks for the info.
It was the OTA that nearly bricked the phone in question. Pushed to the phone, attempted reboot, epic fail.

Took RSDLite and the 2.0.1 SBF and the 2.1 update 1 update.zip file to bring it back to stock, along with some help from the Rescue Squad. Just goes to show there's risk in ANY update. Your best bet would be to wait for the OTA and then go to your local VZW store and ask them to install it for you. Hopefully they'll have the tools and training to fix it if something goes wrong. :) If not, well, it was their software that screwed your phone up and you'll get a replacement ASAP.

nhat

Reaction score
I'm currently running 2.1 stock rooted build ESE81 and would like to go to 2.2 stock rooted. Would I have to wipe or is this a stock rooted 2.2?

i tried installing frg22 over stock 2.1 (unrooted) and no wipe, ended up in a boot loop. this might not always be the case, but another user experienced the same issue.

after a wipe, i reinstalled frg22 and couldn't be happier. i'd try installing it over your stock 2.1 first. if it works, great. if not, you had to wipe the data anyways and it only takes a few minutes :)

Z

ZeroBarrier

It was the OTA that nearly bricked the phone in question. Pushed to the phone, attempted reboot, epic fail.

Took RSDLite and the 2.0.1 SBF and the 2.1 update 1 update.zip file to bring it back to stock, along with some help from the Rescue Squad. Just goes to show there's risk in ANY update. Your best bet would be to wait for the OTA and then go to your local VZW store and ask them to install it for you. Hopefully they'll have the tools and training to fix it if something goes wrong. :) If not, well, it was their software that screwed your phone up and you'll get a replacement ASAP.

I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as "nearly bricked". It either is bricked, or it isn't bricked. And if you were able to use RSDLite to flash an SBF, then that only means one thing, it wasn't bricked.

Once something like a phone/console/PC/etc. is bricked, there is no coming back or saving it. Bricked = forever.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as "nearly bricked". It either is bricked, or it isn't bricked. And if you were able to use RSDLite to flash an SBF, then that only means one thing, it wasn't bricked.

Once something like a phone/console/PC/etc. is bricked, there is no coming back or saving it. Bricked = forever.
I apologize if my terminology isn't meeting your exacting standards, but Verizon is replacing the phone because the reps in the store he took it to couldn't fix it. +1, +2, and +10 for the rescue squad pulling the phone out of the fire. Hence the nearly part. :)

The moral of the story was that there's risk in any flashing/updating situation.

I'm thinking of The Princess Bride at this point. "Mostly Dead". Maybe I should have put it like that, yes? ;)

It's not bricked, it's only Mostly Bricked. dancedroid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

Droid101

Reaction score
Alright is it me or does this update take up ALOT more phone memory? I had around 40MB free on FRF81B and I update to FRG22 and I have 9MB free I was able to get up to 14MB but is there any solution to this or is it just how it goes with this update? Other than that it seems to work great! Thanks!

sahilm

Reaction score
Anyone know of a Droid ROM which will have all pure Froyo features? I mean like native WiFi hotspots and usb tether, and 3d app cube and of course root (and yes I know that by asking for root I'm not really asking for pure froyo)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Alright is it me or does this update take up ALOT more phone memory? I had around 40MB free on FRF81B and I update to FRG22 and I have 9MB free I was able to get up to 14MB but is there any solution to this or is it just how it goes with this update? Other than that it seems to work great! Thanks!
Are you talking RAM or what?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Anyone know of a Droid ROM which will have all pure Froyo features? I mean like native WiFi hotspots and usb tether, and 3d app cube and of course root (and yes I know that by asking for root I'm not really asking for pure froyo)
What do you mean by "native WiFi hotspot"? An option similar to Verizon's USB tethering option, whereby you go to settings>wireless and networks>tethering? I don't think any of them do; just use the WiFi tethering app for root users from the market or get one from here. As one dev put it, "why compile something in that people might not use and that's available for free on the market?". Keep in mind that currently it's Ad-Hoc only. I believe the CyanogenMod team is working on a way to turn it into infrastructure mode instead of Ad-Hoc, but I could be wrong. Verizon axed the WiFi tethering capability, so that's about the best you can do at the moment.

sahilm

Reaction score
What do you mean by "native WiFi hotspot"? An option similar to Verizon's USB tethering option, whereby you go to settings>wireless and networks>tethering? I don't think any of them do; just use the WiFi tethering app for root users from the market or get one from here. As one dev put it, "why compile something in that people might not use and that's available for free on the market?". Keep in mind that currently it's Ad-Hoc only. I believe the CyanogenMod team is working on a way to turn it into infrastructure mode instead of Ad-Hoc, but I could be wrong. Verizon axed the WiFi tethering capability, so that's about the best you can do at the moment.

Oh ok, thanks. I was just trying to see if people know of any ROM's coming out like that. Thanks though!

Ominous

Reaction score
Do I need to rename the file?

I downloaded the non-deodexed install file, put it on the root of the sd card and flashed into recovery mode as the instructions prescribe. Everything seems to work I the clockwork loader, then when I tell it to reboot the phone gets stuck in a loop at the red eye. I am running rooted 2.1 (from the last OTA update) with superuser permissions and have now tried this process twice with the same results. Any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.

Ominous