Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Aug 3, 2010.

1. yorT

yorT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm currently running 2.1 stock rooted build ESE81 and would like to go to 2.2 stock rooted. Would I have to wipe or is this a stock rooted 2.2?

2. stangdroid

stangdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that this rom didn't need the market fix? I installed it and p3s 1.2lv kernel and my build number went to an older rom.

3. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Kernels?

Isn't the kernel in FRG22 g874c292? This FRG22 has kernel g103d848 which is the same as the FRG01B? Does anyone have kernel g874c292?

4. atlharry

atlharry Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New for 2.2 is support for MS Exchange security policies. The device administrator allows the security polices to make changes to your phone.

For example, if your corp exchange requires PIN security, the email client will instruct the phone to enable PIN security at the phone level.

5. Schoat333

Schoat333 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I re-installed the stock FRG22 and google translate was working again.

Installed Chevy's 1.0 LV kernel, and it stopped working. It is the OC kernel, not the OS, causing the problem.

I did notice that wifi tethering will not work with security turned on if I use the black glass theme. I guess I will go with Vanilla android for now.

6. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    How many actually bricked phones do you need to see before you understand why we warn people that they need to know exactly what they're doing before they attempt to root/mod their phones, and if they have any doubts to not try? The easier it is the more people are going to try it -- and I'm all for everyone rooting who is capable of rooting despite the added security risk root is -- and the more headaches people are going to have trying to help the slew of people who, as you pointed out, didn't read or skipped a step.

Why do you think the updated DMUpdater was pulled by the devs? In their words, "it could brick phones".

There is a risk. There's always a risk. What if the cable gets pulled out during an RSDLite flash? What if the power goes out? What if they're trying to flash in a corrupted file and, when things don't go perfectly, they panic do something that DOES brick the device? Some of these are user error, some of these are "acts of God", and some of these risks are inherent in the variable nature of the phones we're working on. If an OTA update bricks someone's phone VZW replaces it, but if there's a flaw in the phone that trying to flash in, say, Clockwork Recovery triggers, the user is out $600 (replacement cost of the Droid 1). How much of this will be tolerated before Verizon stops turning a blind eye to rooting and starts filing lawsuits against forums such as this? Admittedly, this is a long shot, but nothing is impossible. Well, except someone shoehorning a 32nm Intel chip into one of these blasted things. :)

Having said all that, I agree with a lot of what you said. If you're serious about rooting and are willing to take the time to read up on the procedures, double-check everything, and commit yourself to it, rooting is a simple process that reaps many rewards. It's not some exclusive club that we rooters want to keep for ourselves -- but there is an initiation. :-D

7. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What baseband is everyone with Froyo on? I loaded this up earlier, and I just noticed it's the same baseband as I had with 2.1, C_01.3E.03P.

8. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    That's the latest baseband. There has been no update since that was leaked. However, this is (with FRG01B) the first time non-rooted Droids are supposed to have that baseband, so as far as Verizon is concerned it IS an update.

9. Eschy

Eschy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does this leak come with superuser installed

10. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ugh... everything is great, but i'm missing a lot of apps in the apps store. mlb at bat, pure calendar widget. will the original market fix take care of this?

11. nerdkill

nerdkill Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yessirrrrr

12. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was just looking on Droid-Life, and in two separate articles, on two different Droids, with two separate builds, they have C_01.43.01P. Here and DROID Froyo OTA Halted? FRG22 Replacing FRG01B? | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog.

Search tags for this page
frg22 android

frg22 update.zip