prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime,

I am using deprimed on winneroo's build #14. I wiped 3 times before flashing. My 3G seems to be working without the long delays I had suddenly begun experiencing.

After flashing I am installing the deprimed MSOC and hitting load module.

So is it now necessary to have MSOC install a boot? Or do we only load in once and then the overclock script?

Also do we have to navigate to the directory where the script files are located? If so, where is that? Or can we simply type "overclock" at any terminal prompt after typing "su" for superuser status?

I tried simply typing overclock at a prompt in Terminal Emulator and get /system/bin/overclock: cannot create/proc/overclock/cpufreq_statas_table_addr: directory nonexistent

Thanks

To run my slots/voltages upon each boot all need be done is:

Code:
su
primed

To edit the slots/vsels after 'priming' the kernel do this:

Code:
su
sysrw

Open /etc/init.d/20overclock for edits.

0vermind

Reaction score
Prime.

I am running primed14 with winner00rc2-14. It is so smooth I get about 6 hours continuous use. But 60 percent use by display. Anyway you can lower the voltage going to the lcd panel itself? I am using at super dim min at 2 on back light. Lowest I can go. All other led off.

actually sort of, I've done tests on lowering the gpu voltage not the lcd
I would love to be able to lower my gpu or lcd voltage for that matter. The main battery consumer on my phone is the display. I am constantly using the display. What I am counting on right now, and LOVING, is the primed kernal's deep sleep. It's amazing!! Really works well on my phone. Keep battery at 15% for about 5-6 hours before I started charging it again.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime.

I am running primed14 with winner00rc2-14. It is so smooth I get about 6 hours continuous use. But 60 percent use by display. Anyway you can lower the voltage going to the lcd panel itself? I am using at super dim min at 2 on back light. Lowest I can go. All other led off.

actually sort of, I've done tests on lowering the gpu voltage not the lcd
I would love to be able to lower my gpu or lcd voltage for that matter. The main battery consumer on my phone is the display. I am constantly using the display. What I am counting on right now, and LOVING, is the primed kernal's deep sleep. It's amazing!! Really works well on my phone. Keep battery at 15% for about 5-6 hours before I started charging it again.

My kernel is DFVS enabled (Dynamic Frequency and Voltage Scaling) on the DSP bridge already, this lowers the output of the CPU/GPU voltage at various stages of the scaling ladder amount other things.

OMAP3/4 development DSP Bridge project said:
DSP Bridge driver provides features to control and communicate with DSP enabling parallel processing for multimedia acceleration. It enables the applications running on MCU to offload the processing to DSP.

Some of the key features of DSP Bridge are:

Messaging: Ability to exchange fixed size control messages with DSP.

Dynamic memory management: Ability to dynamically map files to DSP address space.

Dynamic loading: Ability to dynamically load new nodes on DSP at run time.

Power Management: Static and dynamic power management for DSP

Last edited:

jengas kahn

Reaction score
what are the differences between your three kernels?

i'm opening up the zip of the latest deprimed and i see no 20overclock file.

above you're saying you can type primed into the terminal, what does this do? make it be the primed kernel? i can then edit my slots/voltages?

it just looks very fragmented to me, maintaining three separate but similar appearing kernels seems unecessary.

don't get me wrong, i appreciate all of your hard work and i use your kernels pretty much exclusively, but i'm failing to understand this. i could also be stupid, though.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I don't maintain three kernels.

reprimed is finalized.

deprimed is the kernel I'm working on for the D1 masses

primed is my personal test bed, this kernel is for me I just chose to share it.

You should take another look around at all the various kernels floating around for the Droid, my work is far from fragmented.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I could release and stop working on primed/deprimed, although I am certain this is not what the majority of kernel flashers want.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
thanks for your help! :heart:

edit: i'm just trying to understand. don't be a baby.

I was certainly not being a baby, I was giving you mentality of why I continue to work on the two kernels. I believe this is what most people want.

n0yxl

Reaction score
I could release and stop working on primed/deprimed, although I am certain this is not what the majority of kernel flashers want.

He was just trying to understand the slight differences there are between each type. I can't excactly blame him, it was very unclear to me at 1st -and I still feel somewhat lacking in the knowledge dept. on the subject. :)

zachdroid

Reaction score
I love the progressive work on the kernels. I don't run any other.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You guys are taking what I'm saying wrong. I don't mean abandon Droid kernel development, I mean stamp the kernels final and move on to a new kernel.

I don't mind being called a baby, I explained why I work on the two, no hard feelings, my words were never meant to be received as harsh.

jhuntdog

Reaction score

Definitely count me in the group that loves to see continued development of primed/deprimed. To be frank, I was perfectly happy with the reprimed. Since then, you've brought some impressive improvements and features, and I really appreciate you sharing your work with the community. Can't wait to see where this goes.

foxdog

Reaction score

Definitely count me in the group that loves to see continued development of primed/deprimed. To be frank, I was perfectly happy with the reprimed. Since then, you've brought some impressive improvements and features, and I really appreciate you sharing your work with the community. Can't wait to see where this goes.

+1 for me :) altho i dont know how much better than AWESOME it can get... kinda interested on some other things prime can do

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I appreciate the support, I am the same...I want it tweaked, re-tweaked...de-tweaked...took apart..put back together and all over again :)

foxdog

Reaction score
I appreciate the support, I am the same...I want it tweaked, re-tweaked...de-tweaked...took apart..put back together and all over again :)

How does one become good at this stuff? I have been writing some basic scripts and after windows crashed on me, I've been using ubuntu full time. Learning command line stuff is fun to me but writing a script that has "if" and "then" is kinda scary lol. I wanna take it to the next level but not sure where to go to learn the little things like what -e and stuff like that means. Any links or a point I'm the right direction would be much appreciated.

Last edited: