prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Edit: Those priority changes for specific apps don't necessarily stick, you will see the priority changing back (the developer comments on this his website). They definitely don't stick after a reboot. But the overall task management adjustments do stay and on reboot.

You mean the /data/sdext2 that link2sd uses to mount the partition to?

yep, just wanted to know if I needed to run the make directory commands for it. Also are you running on a Droid? As sometimes with certain ROMs or Kernels with Moto phones you need to insmod an ext2.ko script you place in modules.
Thanks for any info as this may be my new every ROM kernel

I've recently noticed the OOM value changes aren't sticking, when this happens the app PID generally changes (this shouldn't happen)...something is broken on gingerbread it seems.

I know I'm not the only one who has noticed multiple running instances of the same app on gingerbread (it seems to happen often with ADW Ex for example), I believe this is the issue...try this open google voice..hit back...see what happens.

I am on a motorola droid. An ext2/3 partition can be mounted using the ext4 driver.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Kk, I think I found a problem. My phone is just running TOO nice. I think it's time for an update :D

Got anything in the oven? :)

nwilkins15

Reaction score
You're deprimed kernel with primed ulv voltages has been absolutely amazing for me in cm7 and other gb roms. Fantastic battery life. I love it. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

foxdog

Reaction score
So with primed, tying overclock in terminal will change it from standard volt to ultra low volt?

mightybrick

Reaction score
So with primed, tying overclock in terminal will change it from standard volt to ultra low volt?
Yes. But this will not retain the lower voltage after a reboot. To retain the lower voltages after a reboot (after ensuring your device is stable at the lower voltages) use the "primed" command in the terminal.

foxdog

Reaction score
Yes. But this will not retain the lower voltage after a reboot. To retain the lower voltages after a reboot (after ensuring your device is stable at the lower voltages) use the "primed" command in the terminal.

o ok cool. the only difference is the temp as apposed to permanent ultra low volt settings?

mightybrick

Reaction score

o ok cool. the only difference is the temp as apposed to permanent ultra low volt settings?

Correct. 10char

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Kk, I think I found a problem. My phone is just running TOO nice. I think it's time for an update :D

Got anything in the oven? :)

An overclock app is what I've been working on lately, takes a while. I may update deprimed today if I have time.

daware

Reaction score
Sorry if this was already covered, but are these kernels only for CyanogenMod, or can they be used on any ROM? I lost 3G with both deprimed and primed on Project Elite 4.2. Flashing another kernel brought back 3G.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Sorry if this was already covered, but are these kernels only for CyanogenMod, or can they be used on any ROM? I lost 3G with both deprimed and primed on Project Elite 4.2. Flashing another kernel brought back 3G.

Try this kernel and let me know if you still lose 3G please:

http://bit.ly/primed_pe