prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime, I'm running 17 with your latest primed. Ran OC and prime scripts. It seems smooth without compcache and running cool. Heat is a big issue for me CLN replacement has always run hot. I noticed only 3 governors. I'm running interactive, it seems to keep load averages down and runs cooler. Does that make sense? What should advanced frequency be see to in SETCPU?
I'm liking it so far. Only been primed for a few hours this time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

The kernel runs on the cool side all together (interactive or ondemand) on my device....super cool (°74F currently).

50000 is fine for interactive, the other governors are still available as loadable modules.

*edit*
I'm running 200 - 600mhz (primed), at 900mhz CPU temps rarely exceed °100F

This kernel is fast @600.

jerroedr

Reaction score
wait, you arnt using deprimed now? whats wrong with that one? lol

mjones73

Reaction score
I'm having a bizarre problem with Set CPU, it doesn't want to detect the 200Mhz speed and idles around 350 instead even though 200 shows up on the slide. Under scaling it lists 900-250Mhz. Using the built in one in CM works though.

And sorry for the confusion, what is the latest test and what should it show on about phone? You mentioned #14 in your posts.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I'm having a bizarre problem with Set CPU, it doesn't want to detect the 200Mhz speed and idles around 350 instead even though 200 shows up on the slide. Under scaling it lists 900-250Mhz.

Open a terminal and do this:

Code:
su
update_deprimed

If you use RZRecovery or SPR simply install the /sdcard/deprimed_test_kernel.zip when your device reboots.

After your phone boots up run:

Code:
primed

I updated the script to set the minimum to 250.

The kernel can not go lower than 250mhz. I will have to change the minimum slot to 200mhz or lower in an update.

Last edited:

mjones73

Reaction score
I am trying now, I did get some busybox error about an unknown command but it still pulled a file down.

primed now sets the minimum at 250, thanks.

Last edited:
OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I am trying now, I did get some busybox error about an unknown command but it still pulled a file down.

primed now sets the minimum at 250, thanks.

Yes I keep forgetting to fix the update script. It's why you see may see a -p folder on your SDCard, nothing to worry about.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Temporarily removed.

Last edited:

refthemc

Reaction score
Just flashed the latest Deprimed kernel tonight and was having major Pandora Issues. The music would begin to play but then it would slow the song down, as if the tempo would drop then go back to normal, it would do it repeatedly. Hope this helps somewhat to kill some bugs Prime.

jengas kahn

Reaction score
prime, umm, what exactly are the differences between your three kernels now?

at one point i thought i understood, but i'm feeling really dumb about it lately.

which should i use if i want to continue setting my own slots/voltages? (i've been using deprimed)

pigpen

Reaction score
I just loaded up your primed_#14, are there any advantages to running the primed versus the deprimed kernel running cm7_rc2 on an original Droid? compcache is working, and the phone appears to be running smooth.

moset

Reaction score
I'm wondering if there is any advantage to using compcache. I'm running primed without it on 17 and its smooth as silk .

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

droidwire

Reaction score
Prime.

I am running primed14 with winner00rc2-14. It is so smooth I get about 6 hours continuous use. But 60 percent use by display. Anyway you can lower the voltage going to the lcd panel itself? I am using at super dim min at 2 on back light. Lowest I can go. All other led off.

mondieu1724

Reaction score
Playing catch up!

Prime,

I am using deprimed on winneroo's build #14. I wiped 3 times before flashing. My 3G seems to be working without the long delays I had suddenly begun experiencing.

After flashing I am installing the deprimed MSOC and hitting load module.

So is it now necessary to have MSOC install a boot? Or do we only load in once and then the overclock script?

Also do we have to navigate to the directory where the script files are located? If so, where is that? Or can we simply type "overclock" at any terminal prompt after typing "su" for superuser status?

I tried simply typing overclock at a prompt in Terminal Emulator and get /system/bin/overclock: cannot create/proc/overclock/cpufreq_statas_table_addr: directory nonexistent

Thanks

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime.

I am running primed14 with winner00rc2-14. It is so smooth I get about 6 hours continuous use. But 60 percent use by display. Anyway you can lower the voltage going to the lcd panel itself? I am using at super dim min at 2 on back light. Lowest I can go. All other led off.

actually sort of, I've done tests on lowering the gpu voltage not the lcd