[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a few ideas for an update, it involves backporting code and I simply have had no 'free' time.
did you ever get a kernel with fixed compcache out?

Btw i was always curious if something like sio i/o scheduler would work on the droid? or is that one of the things you were considering backporting?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
did you ever get a kernel with fixed compcache out?

Btw i was always curious if something like sio i/o scheduler would work on the droid? or is that one of the things you were considering backporting?

I will see what I can do about compcache. I haven't looked at the SIO includes so no idea currently.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Heh. Kinda makes me miss my D1 and the fun I had making it keep up with the big boys. :)

Glad to see you're still banging the keys, Prime!

Been a long time, what device did you move on to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I have the SGS3 but I haven't had the time to activate it and I may not keep it. Had it since Tuesday and I've only charged the battery.

I'm running a D2 at the moment. For $100 I thought I'd be getting an ICS-capable device. I'm still laughing bitterly over that. :)

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have the SGS3 but I haven't had the time to activate it and I may not keep it. Had it since Tuesday and I've only charged the battery.

I'm running a D2 at the moment. For $100 I thought I'd be getting an ICS-capable device. I'm still laughing bitterly over that. :)

Why not keep the SIII?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

phonetool

Reaction score
I'm always happy to see some updates from Prime. Hope the lemons to lemonade mantra has been shining on you this summer. Hey, who doesn't like lemonade in the summertime? B-)

I keep my OG updated with the latest CM7 nightlies and always flash your last kernel over it. Unfortunately, it mostly sits on the shelf, being that I joined the HTC crowd. :-\

-CM7 on DInc2

Rylvir

Reaction score
Hello I'm a first time user of deprimed, using Motorola Droid. I've got it up and running now @ 1000mhz and 56vsel using Milestone Overclock and instructions in post 2. The instructions refer to an "overclock" script in "/system/bin" that apparently isn't included in this kernel anymore. I found a folder in "/proc/overclock" but those settings get rewritten on reboot, also get rewritten on using the primed command in terminal. Any suggestions or tips/better instructions to setting up a custom Frequency Table?

jerroedr

Reaction score
The GSIII Verizon variant has a locked bootloader and mine doesn't seem to want to activate.
Dude, what the hell happened to this site. It used to be cool, now its a bunch of censoring, post removing admins who seem to have gone power hungry?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime, what devices do you have now a days?

I have the D1, DX and Galaxy Nexus.

I haven't forgotten about you guys, I compiled an update to deprimed five different times but the kernel won't boot...haven't had the time for diagnosis.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello I'm a first time user of deprimed, using Motorola Droid. I've got it up and running now @ 1000mhz and 56vsel using Milestone Overclock and instructions in post 2. The instructions refer to an "overclock" script in "/system/bin" that apparently isn't included in this kernel anymore. I found a folder in "/proc/overclock" but those settings get rewritten on reboot, also get rewritten on using the primed command in terminal. Any suggestions or tips/better instructions to setting up a custom Frequency Table?

Which kernel?