prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello I'm a first time user of deprimed, using Motorola Droid. I've got it up and running now @ 1000mhz and 56vsel using Milestone Overclock and instructions in post 2. The instructions refer to an "overclock" script in "/system/bin" that apparently isn't included in this kernel anymore. I found a folder in "/proc/overclock" but those settings get rewritten on reboot, also get rewritten on using the primed command in terminal. Any suggestions or tips/better instructions to setting up a custom Frequency Table?

What ROM?

aiamuzz

Reaction score
Hello Prime,

My Device : Motorola Droid Pro

Kernel : stock GB kernel ... as this device has a locked bootloader ...

Is this thread of any use to my device with the above specs ?

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

Rylvir

Reaction score
Are you running the primed command as su?

Yes I ran the primed command after entering SU (#) in terminal. It worked fine but gives me the default settings and a max of 900 mhz. I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom frequency table rather than the "default" one. I would like to set different Vsel values for the various clock speeds in the hopes of better battery life. I've tried editing 20overclock, but I'm afraid to touch it after the last attempt forced me to sbf back to stock.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Yes I ran the primed command after entering SU (#) in terminal. It worked fine but gives me the default settings and a max of 900 mhz. I'm trying to figure out how to use a custom frequency table rather than the "default" one. I would like to set different Vsel values for the various clock speeds in the hopes of better battery life. I've tried editing 20overclock, but I'm afraid to touch it after the last attempt forced me to sbf back to stock.

Try the 1100 and 1250 commands (as su), they are a good starting point for CPU stability at low voltage.

There is a flashable declock.zip to prevent the need for SBF if you bork the 20overclock file.

jerroedr

Reaction score
what do you think about gnex development or are you busy? we have missed your work!

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hello Prime,

My Device : Motorola Droid Pro

Kernel : stock GB kernel ... as this device has a locked bootloader ...

Is this thread of any use to my device with the above specs ?

--- Sent from my DROID Pro ---

Not really. Is your device milestone overclock capable?

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
what do you think about gnex development or are you busy? we have missed your work!

I have an ICS kernel I built for testing (but am on Jelly Bean currently), haven't had time to delve into it really.

I miss doing the work :(

jerroedr

Reaction score
I have an ICS kernel I built for testing (but am on Jelly Bean currently), haven't had time to delve into it really.

I miss doing the work :(
Well if you get time, we would love to have you on the gnex team!

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Well if you get time, we would love to have you on the gnex team!

Seriously though prime kernel on the gnexus oh I'm there. Been waiting since d1 to run another prime kernel. Two phones later still waiting :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2