[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

BrUhNiGGs

Reaction score
Wait, so its bad to have swap when having all your apps linked to sd card? Ive noticed my memory is pretty bad since I started using swap + im a link2sd user. Only get about 20-30/256...

I have a class 4 sd card btw.

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wait, so its bad to have swap when having all your apps linked to sd card? Ive noticed my memory is pretty bad since I started using swap + im a link2sd user. Only get about 20-30/256...
not sure if it effects ram too much, but the stock sdcard for the droid can only write at around 2 MB/s (class 2) so between swap constantly writing and using apps from the sdcard things slow down, thats why i prefer using compcache AND swap when using link2sd, it lessens the read/write to the sdcard
You can try disabling swap and see if things run better

meishkov

Reaction score
Ah, that should explain why I use to have mad lag when I used link2sd and swap partition awhile ago. So even with a low swappiness like 10 on a big swap partition like 256mb still wouldn't be good with link2sd huh?

Is cfq still the preferred io scheduler for daily use on an OG? I was running pre-v6 supercharger with it but now its noop and there's like a couple second pause when I'm typing every minute or so. Or maybe that's the logging or somethin. I'm not noticing that big of a difference after supercharging this time around on winner's latest, its already incredibly smooth, gonna try undoing it and unkaking it and see if it gets rid of this 1.34 second lag :)

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

meishkov

Reaction score
Whelp, seems my lambo like speed has come crashing back to earth. System is feeling sluggish again, just took my xparent df app literally 10 seconds to load the loading screen when its usually close to instant. Could just be due for a reboot. But swapper2 was saying "Restarting" in running services, like it was trying to be killed off. Used Zeppelin's v6 supercharger script to try to bulletproof it, but haven't noticed if that's what it is. Gonna try a reboot soon, can never fail with those.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
It wouldn't boot, I haven't had time to find out why yet. It is still in the oven.

Hey prime, quick question... How do you go about compiling a kernel, I mean is it similar to compiling a rom? I already have all the stuff for that and even compiled stock cyanogenmod too...
The asop page instructions don't seem to apply for our kernels anymore, the only source I can find with it is for the omap 4 and we have the omap 3 right?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try the cyanogen mod wiki for Droid.

Thanks, one more thing though, is there any guide to the config options? Too many questions that I have no idea what they are talking about... Maybe you could just pm me an example copy of what options you use? And sorry for all the questions

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
You can find my configuration in /proc/config.gz if running deprimed.

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Is the bumble bee governor the same as smartass? And how does it exactly work, I kinda forgot. Plus it seems to be running smoother than interactive gov.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I made some timing changes and such but basically the same as smartass. The latest version of SetCPU exposes the governors functions for easy manipulation.

You ever get the new kernel compiled, prime?

Have been too busy lately, I haven't abandoned the kernel ;)