[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

wonderrx

Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with the kernel, but since u said u completely redid the phone, wondering if, while you're in settings, wireless & networks, then wifi settings, then menu advanced settings, maybe the wifi sleep policy got reset so when the screen turns off so does wifi?
I know it went back to That default for me when I sbf back to stock then load up a ROM n apps back, so hopefully that's the culprit...only it disconnects with the screen never turning off. Then we've got a problem for sure.

Sent from my OG using DroidForums

Thanks so much for your reply. I had not tried that, I just did and it did not solve the issue. The wifi will just randomly turn itself off while being used, it will then turn back on about 30 seconds later. This is CM7's last published nightly. Anyone running another rom with deprimed using ext3?

phonetool

Reaction score
I'm running winner00's latest CM brew and Prime's kernel. I don't run ext3, or app2SD, just standard CM app moving ability.

No issues with wifi here. Perhaps try the ZeplinRox supercharger scripts?

- onDroid

wonderrx

Reaction score
I'm running winner00's latest CM brew and Prime's kernel. I don't run ext3, or app2SD, just standard CM app moving ability.

No issues with wifi here. Perhaps try the ZeplinRox supercharger scripts?

- onDroid

I'll try that, can you provide me links to both winner00 and ZeplinRox's stuff? Or tell me what to search for?

Thanks!

phonetool

Reaction score
I would give links in a second if I weren't on my phone, but I don't have anything else at the moment, sorry.

Here on DF you can look at the sticky threads in the Droid 1 section. Winner's stuff is in the CM7 nightly thread.

Zep is posting exclusively on xda these days, but you can find the DF stuff with a search for "supercharger".

In either case, the first post and last few pages of the threads hold the info you need to get started.

Good luck!

- onDroid

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would give links in a second if I weren't on my phone, but I don't have anything else at the moment, sorry.

Here on DF you can look at the sticky threads in the Droid 1 section. Winner's stuff is in the CM7 nightly thread.

Zep is posting exclusively on xda these days, but you can find the DF stuff with a search for "supercharger".

In either case, the first post and last few pages of the threads hold the info you need to get started.

Good luck!

- onDroid

Zeppelin updated his thread here with links to the xda thread with his last post

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I have an update but haven't had time to package and upload it.

meishkov

Reaction score
hmmm, compcache included you say... wonder if that'd play nicely with my 256MB swap partition? I as well have been running deprimed #20 reports as #1 since it came out basically, on every ROM variation. That's weird that one guy a few posts up said it didn't work for him. I just SBF'd back to stock last night and threw on winner's latest and after I loaded all my apps up back up with the stock CM7 kernel included it was running good, but slowed down after a couple hours. Flashed prime's and it's been silky, buttery, '90s MJ fade-away smooth every since last night.

Little off topic, but when I made my 256MB swap partition I erased my 1GB ext2 partition and changed it to a 1GB ext3 partition, since I'm pretty sure that's more compatible with the majority of things?? No clue myself...but does anybody know if link2sd is still recommended to use?... as opposed to the native moving-app-to-SD option in settings? I know I used to use it but eventually I ran into problems of being bogged down, maybe too much action going on on the slow ass crappy, stock, mass-produced class1 SD card my 2.5-year-old OG is still rolling with...(reminds me I should upgrade to a class4 or something for christs sake). I moved all 3 options for the app in link2sd, .lib .dex and .apk I think, dalvik-cache was one of them too...But I just read on the Cyanogenmod forum not to move the dalvik-cache at all. Is the built-in OS dalvik-cache not recommended to be moved either? Remember seeing a script for that on xda. Ridiculous rant this turned into, geez.:mad:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
hmmm, compcache included you say... wonder if that'd play nicely with my 256MB swap partition? I as well have been running deprimed #20 reports as #1 since it came out basically, on every ROM variation. That's weird that one guy a few posts up said it didn't work for him. I just SBF'd back to stock last night and threw on winner's latest and after I loaded all my apps up back up with the stock CM7 kernel included it was running good, but slowed down after a couple hours. Flashed prime's and it's been silky, buttery, '90s MJ fade-away smooth every since last night.

Little off topic, but when I made my 256MB swap partition I erased my 1GB ext2 partition and changed it to a 1GB ext3 partition, since I'm pretty sure that's more compatible with the majority of things?? No clue myself...but does anybody know if link2sd is still recommended to use?... as opposed to the native moving-app-to-SD option in settings? I know I used to use it but eventually I ran into problems of being bogged down, maybe too much action going on on the slow ass crappy, stock, mass-produced class1 SD card my 2.5-year-old OG is still rolling with...(reminds me I should upgrade to a class4 or something for christs sake). I moved all 3 options for the app in link2sd, .lib .dex and .apk I think, dalvik-cache was one of them too...But I just read on the Cyanogenmod forum not to move the dalvik-cache at all. Is the built-in OS dalvik-cache not recommended to be moved either? Remember seeing a script for that on xda. Ridiculous rant this turned into, geez.:mad:

Link2sd is better than the native apps2sd, using Link2sd tricks the os into thinking the ext3 partition is part of the internal memory so you can use your apps even when the sdcard is mounted (at first boot and when mount to the computer) the native one forces you to wait and is slower
And yes ext3 is better than ext2, ext3 adds journaling which protects your apps from getting corrupted and its also faster
And moving the dalvik cache that is related to those apps you moved is OK, since its really only used when you use those apps, however moving there os’s dalvik cache isn't good since it will constantly be reading from the sdcard which is much slower
Also I don't think a faster sdcard helps in the droid, just ask chevycam about it since he uses a class 4 one
Also about using compcache with swap works just fine for me, however id suggest trying only compcache if you plan on having apps on the sdcard as swap might slow everything down (too much writing to the sdcard)

phonetool

Reaction score
Wow! Nice info. I'll have to try apps2sd and make use of the partition I made a year ago...

- onDroid

Say, the market shows several "app 2 sd" apps. Anyone recommend one over the others?

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow! Nice info. I'll have to try apps2sd and make use of the partition I made a year ago...

- onDroid

Say, the market shows several "app 2 sd" apps. Anyone recommend one over the others?
look for link2sd, the others are almost always about the native apps2sd and basically unnecessary