[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried compiling your last one and see if I could add in the compcache module but it wouldn't build... I couldn't even get a stock cyanogenmod kernel built so I guess I'm just stuck waiting lol

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
any progress prime? btw hopefully i can go back to running 1.25 GHz with a vsel of 80 on the new one...for some reason my phone doesnt work right like that now on your last kernel, it's weird since i've always run 1.25 Ghz kernels before and even now other 1.25 kernels work just fine...i can go to 1.25 if i set a vsel of 84 though but i know anything above 80 isnt good
Just how bad is a vsel of 84 anyway? I only have 2 weeks to a month left before i upgrade anyway so would it be ok if i just ran it at 84 vsels anyway? (82 or 83 might even work too btw, i havent tried it in awhile)

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Aw, man. I tried flashing this kernel with Droid Concepts loaded up and I cant even boot it up. It says system force close. Does the kernel work with froyo? Or do I have to use the primed kernel instead. Not sure how to use the primed one

I use it on froyo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
any progress prime? btw hopefully i can go back to running 1.25 GHz with a vsel of 80 on the new one...for some reason my phone doesnt work right like that now on your last kernel, it's weird since i've always run 1.25 Ghz kernels before and even now other 1.25 kernels work just fine...i can go to 1.25 if i set a vsel of 84 though but i know anything above 80 isnt good
Just how bad is a vsel of 84 anyway? I only have 2 weeks to a month left before i upgrade anyway so would it be ok if i just ran it at 84 vsels anyway? (82 or 83 might even work too btw, i havent tried it in awhile)

84 is quite high, I wouldn't risk it. No progress made, still have had no time to get into it really. I apologize for not being around but have had a rough year.

phonetool

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to a fresh update when you do get some time for it, Prime. Thanks in advance!

- onDroid

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Oh, alright thanks. But I think Ill just stick with ChevyNo1 for a while with BB. Runs great and Android OS usage is low. I would usually get above 20% with deprimed.

I always advise use what works best for your needs, be it my kernel or another developers.

I have had good luck with Chevy's stuff, though his vsel values are set fairly high even on his ULV kernels...heat up quicker but still works good.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always advise use what works best for your needs, be it my kernel or another developers.

I have had good luck with Chevy's stuff, though his vsel values are set fairly high even on his ULV kernels...heat up quicker but still works good.

any idea what they are? i always used to run his ulv 1250 kernels with no issue so im curious as to what their vsels were

The Race To Die

Reaction score
any idea what they are? i always used to run his ulv 1250 kernels with no issue so im curious as to what their vsels were

I thiiiink if you have set cpu you can check the voltages but I haven't used it in so long I don't remember for sure.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

OP
prime

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

I believe in this thread or the primed thread I posted the values, its been awhile back so I don't remember.

I compiled the overclock module with his vermagic string to view the used vsel values, SetCPU won't help you view them.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe in this thread or the primed thread I posted the values, its been awhile back so I don't remember.

I compiled the overclock module with his vermagic string to view the used vsel values, SetCPU won't help you view them.

mustve been in the primed thread which seems to have disappeared? oh well i only have like 4-5 days left with my og so im going to experiment and try to go as fast as i possibly can (tested at like 1.285 or 1.29 GHz before lol) and according to the only old chart i found the vsels listed for 1.25 GHz were all well above 80 vsels (from 88 to 85) so if superfast speeds are too unstable or the vsels are too ridiculously high (88?) then i'll just stick to 84 @ 1.25 GHz...if my phone fries then it'll be a perfect reason to upgrade asap...
btw if i can get up to 1.29 GHz or even 1.285 GHz then i'll be happy to post benchmark scores for the curious ;)

its sad i cant run 1.3 GHz now, i used to run at 1.32 GHz way back on sapphire (kernel was based off p3droids i believe which ran 1.25 GHz at 88 vsels so maybe thats one reason my cpu doesnt run that high anymore?)