Just some questions

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Ick, it is sort of expensive... $5 per line. I think I will just soak my kids for whatever amount if they happen to go over, tee he!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Yeah, except if your kid does what someone else's kid did recently and used something ridiculous like 85GB and the month wasn't even over! At that rate, you'd get a NICE bill ($810 in overages)!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I might have to sell my kids if they did that. I do have the data widget on their phones so they can track their use and I track it online. So far bc, they use mostly Wi-Fi, they are usually about 1gb a month.

Caesars

Reaction score
To the OP, I don't know if you're new to Verizon or just upgraded from a dumb phone. BUT If it's your first week with Verizon ever, I'd watch out for pro rated data charges, I'm not even sure if Verizon has pro ration but if they do it's something to look out for. Basically if you're already 50% through your cycle you will only have 2gigs(ish) to work with until your recycle date. If you're 75% through You will have one gig left until recycle etc.

Ps-I hate the ipad touch screen keyboard :-( /rant off

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
I might have to sell my kids if they did that. I do have the data widget on their phones so they can track their use and I track it online. So far bc, they use mostly Wi-Fi, they are usually about 1gb a month.

You can set it up in my Verizon, so that you get a text and or an email when the lines reach 50%, 75%, & 90% or their usage. Its free for that.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
You can set a limit for the data with Verizon by logging online to the Verizonwireless account and setting the parental limit to 4GB. You do pay a small monthly fee (I think it's either $3 or $5), for that option if I'm not mistaken, so you have to weigh the costs for the feature against the potential costs for overages. If you track your usage, you'll be fine.

Ick, it is sort of expensive... $5 per line. I think I will just soak my kids for whatever amount if they happen to go over, tee he!

Once the ICS update drops (whenever that will be), you'll be able to set a limit for data usage in the settings of the phone itself. It's a feature that's built into ICS.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can set it up in my Verizon, so that you get a text and or an email when the lines reach 50%, 75%, & 90% or their usage. Its free for that.

Well aren't you the clever one!:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
FoxKat said:
Well aren't you the clever one!:rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Lol, I found out by looking high and low on the mobile site and the web site :).

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
94lt1 said:
Lol, I found out by looking high and low on the mobile site and the web site :).

Who cares how you found out (just joking)... it is great info. Is there anything else you are keeping from us? Dish or may have to poogle your phone!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
Who cares how you found out (just joking)... it is great info. Is there anything else you are keeping from us? Dish or may have to poogle your phone!

Lol, which one?? I use(regularly) an x, x2, bionic, maxx, maxx, everybody else has a bionic, except my wife :)

My family :)

Please don't Poogle my devices :) I'd be very sad.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120523_132536.png
    ForumRunner_20120523_132536.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 139

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are those android security guards watching over your phones to protect them from poogling?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
Are those android security guards watching over your phones to protect them from poogling?

Lmao, my son named them frost and apple lmao. And yes they protect from malware, and poogling lmao. :) they too are DROID ninjas!! So watch out!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are ninja Frost and ninja Apple's services for hire...just in case my phones need protection? They look like the army that could take on anything!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
Are ninja Frost and ninja Apple's services for hire...just in case my phones need protection? They look like the army that could take on anything!

Lol, we have more on the way... we'll see what the "army" evolves to. They sell em on amazon... I'm going to do a blue metal flake one pretty soon :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm going to have to get me my army... I will put them in my bathroom as my poogle combat force! But I may need your son's expertise in naming them.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
TisMyDroid said:
I'm going to have to get me my army... I will put them in my bathroom as my poogle combat force! But I may need your son's expertise in naming them.

Lol, I'll tell him that. I'm sure he'll oblige lol