Just some questions

Kelbyslice

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i just recently purchased my Droid Razr Maxx about a week ago and had a couple of questions.... First of all, i do NOT have the unlimited data plan so im wondering since im at 1g out of 4g will i get my phoned turned off? (this is from youtube,apps,music,facebook) (also i did this in about a week) and secondly is there anyway to make more room for my phone? i honestly dont know how much space i have available as to seeing i got my phone about a week ago. I know i may sound stupid but without unlimited data i dont know how much im using, and the My Verison app isnt helping much -.-

C2Cab95

Reaction score
First off welcome!

You won't get your phone turned off, rather you'll just be charged $10 per gigabyte over your plan.

My personal MyVerizon app is working fine, I don't know of any way to trouble shoot that.

OP
K

Kelbyslice

Reaction score
well dang, so is my phone unlimted to data? i usually get bored with most apps and delete them then add new ones and im afraid of using all my memory

DocsDad

Reaction score
I believe they will stop your data until the next billing cycle if you go over. (I believe, but not positive) Your phone and all other functionality will still be active though. Use wifi whenever you can and you will save a ton of data... especially for downloading the apps, streaming music and movies etc.

I highly doubt you will run out of space. My MAXX cam with 16 GB on board memory and a 16GB card. I am not even close to approaching the limit and have everything I want thus far. I have another 60 GB of free cloud space to play with as well. There are bigger SD if necessary.

Have a blast. I love this MAXX.

OP
K

Kelbyslice

Reaction score
Thanks guys, i beleive mine came with a 32gb card, could be the 16g not sure lol so to save data i should stay at a Mc Donalds all day? xD and im still wondering if you can permantly delete apps (clearing the data they used) im afraid that when i delete the app some of the kb are left over, and no i do not want to install any apps that can do this, i just dont trust many apps from the market

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Kelbyslice said:
Hello everyone, i just recently purchased my Droid Razr Maxx about a week ago and had a couple of questions.... First of all, i do NOT have the unlimited data plan so im wondering since im at 1g out of 4g will i get my phoned turned off? (this is from youtube,apps,music,facebook) (also i did this in about a week) and secondly is there anyway to make more room for my phone? i honestly dont know how much space i have available as to seeing i got my phone about a week ago. I know i may sound stupid but without unlimited data i dont know how much im using, and the My Verison app isnt helping much -.-

1st question: you won't get your phone turned off but if you go over 4g of data you will be charged quite a bit more for it. Add the "my Verizon data" widget to your home screen (press and hold on home screen, choose add Widgets, select my Verizon data). You can keep track of how much data you have used for the month. Second, use Wi-Fi when you can with data turned off and turn off the data when you don't need it. With data left on, you may still be using some data in the background even though you are not doing anything with your phone. Get a data & Wi-Fi Toggle widget (try "power controls") from the play store to add to your home screen so you can easily power on Wi-Fi and power off data. (Unfortunately, the stock power control toggle widget does not include a data toggle because Verizon is hoping you go over your 4 gigs of data).

2nd question: you can add more room to your phone by getting a 16 or 32 gb SD card... so far 16 gb has been enough for me and I have a lot of music and photos on my phone.

3rd question: the "My Verizon Data" widget will give you a quick glance of how much data you have used and a bar graph showing how much you have used and how much left.

Hope this helps. If not, keep asking away...we like to help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

OP
K

Kelbyslice

Reaction score
The Maxx comes with the My Verison app on the screen, it was just confusing at first thanks for clearing that up, and im sure ill be fine with 16gigs of memory, thanks yall :)

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Kelbyslice said:
well dang, so is my phone unlimted to data? i usually get bored with most apps and delete them then add new ones and im afraid of using all my memory

Yes, your phone is unlimited to data but not unlimited to how much they will charge you if you go over. Basically with your limited 4g plan, you get the first 4g as part of your plan with no extra charges and anything more you are charged. If you use Wi-Fi as much as possible, you should be ok.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The My Verizon Data widget is much easier than the My Verizon app because it gives you just the data use rather than having to weed through all their other info.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Have fun with your new Maxx! Keep your charger nearby even though the battery is a power house, I have a feeling you will be playing with it lots (because the phone is just plain hard to put down). There are many things you can do to get the most out of your battery and many threads dedicated to it. Check those out when you can.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You can set a limit for the data with Verizon by logging online to the Verizonwireless account and setting the parental limit to 4GB. You do pay a small monthly fee (I think it's either $3 or $5), for that option if I'm not mistaken, so you have to weigh the costs for the feature against the potential costs for overages. If you track your usage, you'll be fine.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Whoa, thanks FoxKat! I did not realize this feature was available. I have two sons who are limited to 4g. So far so good but I brace myself for that month that they suddenly go over and I get a whopping bill. I will have to check this out.

DocsDad

Reaction score
You can set a limit for the data with Verizon by logging online to the Verizonwireless account and setting the parental limit to 4GB. You do pay a small monthly fee (I think it's either $3 or $5), for that option if I'm not mistaken, so you have to weigh the costs for the feature against the potential costs for overages. If you track your usage, you'll be fine.

Good to know for whenever it is that they boot me off the grandfathered unlimited plan. It'll happen sooner or later from what I am reading. LOL.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ick, it is sort of expensive... $5 per line. I think I will just soak my kids for whatever amount if they happen to go over, tee he!