Just got an OTA on my MAXX

jav1

Reaction score
WITH THE BATTERY ISSUE JUST GO INTO YOUR ROOT BROWSER AND DELETE THE BATTERY STAT manually AND OR RE CALIBRATE IT WITH battery calibration. also disable motorola service.

Galeyn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
I used PDANet+ via FoxFi for an hour yesterday and it worked just fine. So you should be good to go!

Thanks for the reply skipbl92. Now I just have to get brave enough to hit the upgrade button. :biggrin:

MrTommy

Reaction score
Now I just have to get brave enough to hit the upgrade button. :biggrin:

I can relate to this, Galeyn. I'd rather just pass on this whole (and seemingly useless upgrade) thing - and keep FoxFi working flawlessly, like it currently does. I'll hold off for while and hope to see reports from more successful people.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I used PDANet+ via FoxFi for an hour yesterday and it worked just fine. So you should be good to go!
It does? Because on other forums everyone is reorting that KitKat broke Foxfi, except for bluetooth tethering.

jp233

Reaction score
OG RAZR, stock OTA ROM from the original Jellybean roll-out, rooted.

Last night downloaded Voodoo Rootkeeper, did a su backup, then temp un-rooted. Let the new 98.72.165.XT912 upgrade install, then restored the root with Voodoo and all appears fine. I still have root. I'll test out wifi-tether_root later but mutiple apps (Ti Backup, Voodoo, Root Checker basic, supersu) all say I have root.

jp233

Reaction score
Yeah, the 98.72.165.XT912 update is still Android version 4.1.2

I haven't compared to the Baseband s/w versions from the previous OTA release, but I believe they've been updated, as well as the kernel and build version/date obviously.

anything that could help with reception, is welcomed. I get terrible reception in my own house, in what should be an absolute 4G rich environment.

Battery has been the same today, since i did the update last night. Haven't noticed any change in battery performance, but I keep tabs on it constantly so will report back if there are issues.

Summersond

Reaction score
I can relate to this, Galeyn. I'd rather just pass on this whole (and seemingly useless upgrade) thing - and keep FoxFi working flawlessly, like it currently does. I'll hold off for while and hope to see reports from more successful people.

Foxfire still works for me after the upgrade.

Galeyn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
WooHoo!! Upgrade went smoothly, and FoxFi works perfectly. Thanks to you all who blazed the trail and took the time to respond. :icon_ banana:

moset

Reaction score
Is anyone seeing any benefits from the upgrade?

Could someone please post a screen shot of the about screen with baseband version.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk