Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
On the RAZR MAXX? Interesting.
Bug fix.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I just updated and I lost root access! ;(

It's still 4.1.2.

So, here's the deal. If you are rooted and you run this update, you will lose root. I don't know how to use RootKeeper, I've never tried. It might've saved me quite a bit of heartache. I guess I won't know, now. Basically, I ran the update, lost root and confirmed that with Root Checker Basic. I re-ran the RazrBade Utility I used to root in the first place and that has restored my root. Root Checker Basic confirmed I once again had root.

Unfortunately, I'd lost access to Safestrap after updating. It appeared it was still installed if I simply opened up Safestrap, it did say Installed. I then Uninstalled it from the Safestrap app and also from the System Settings, rebooted, re-installed it, but this time, a newer version since one happened to be available (that's insignificant), rebooted, and I did get Safestrap back. Now, here's the kicker. I don't understand how, but my CM was still installed under Rom Slot 1. I was able to activate and boot into it with no problems. I went back on Stock ROM.

I guess another one of my questions has been answered, as well. I figured with everything I've done to my phone, that I would not be receiving updates, which turned out to be untrue, as I found out a few hours ago.

I have not found anything significant as to what this new update brings to the MAXX. Again, it's still on 4.1.2.

skipbl92

Reaction score
After seeing this post I did the update manually. Any idea as to the specifics of this update?

Krenzy

Reaction score
My battery life took a hell of a hit. I went from 50 hours on a charge to 9 hours on 55% of the battery. Cleared cache and left the phone off for ten minutes immediately after the update. Pretty pissed.

Krenzy

Reaction score
I should add that I didn't use my phone ONCE during that 9 hour period, as I was at work. Great cell reception, no dead areas, and I had force closed all apps before work. When I got out of work it was at 45% battery left; my Android OS/Kernel showed it sucked up over 60% battery, on both the stock battery manager and GSAM Battery.

I called and reported this issue. If anyone else has battery issues because of this update, call and report it.

stevenlf82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
@stevenlf512
Does anyone know what the update was for? I read the RAZR Maxx is staying on 4.1.2 & like everyone else I've noticed a battery drainage issue afterwards & went through the whole cache cleaning process & force stopped running apps ect,ect. Idk I'm kind of a conspiracy theorist & I'm going to say this is their way of getting everyone to upgrade to newer devices .

JDH

Reaction score
I just did the update also and didn't click on the "release notes first. Next person please read the notes and let us know what this is.

rosariorose9

Reaction score
Whoooa...guess I'll hold off on updating until the battery issue is settled.

JDH

Reaction score
I will monitor the battery and report if I develops any negative issues