Just got an OTA on my MAXX

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by rotordroid, Jan 11, 2014.

1. kooshie

kooshie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here with the unlimited data, my husband and use quite a bit, without using the hotspot. About 10/15 GB each. No way I could give up my unlimited data.

2. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I took the OTA with no problems. I'm rooted and using SS and CM11, which BTW almost helps my desire to upgrade my phone.
    Voodoo root keeper, back up root while running stock, temp unroot, take the update, restore root, back to CM.
    As for unlimited data, at least for now you can keep it if you buy a new phone at full price or you can use your upgrade and get Verizon Max data plan (6gig for $30).

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

3. nhepler90

nhepler90 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    So I didn't think anything of it with the update and installed it without using root keeper and such. Lost root, finally got around to trying RAZR blade to re-root and about halfway through I get an error message. (See attachment) I have used the utility multiple times and have everything from drivers and such up to date. The utility says it was finished and things should be rooted. But to no avail I still do not have root access. Was there something patched up with the latest update that fixed the exploits? Or is there something I have to get rid of (data/logger) for it to work?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

4. maomao

maomao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been off contract with vzw since April 2010 & still have my unlimited data. Was afraid I'd lose it when i changed phones, but no. Thank gawd. Wifi doesn't work where i live in the last year - I'm job hunting now - have used up to 7 gigs is all. If my phone hadn't been searching for a signal so much it would have been more.

5. maomao

maomao Member

Ratings:
    +0
    RAZR here, not MAXX. Sadly. Anyway, sure enough my mobile setting was on Global.
    Glad i found that info here. Phone was suddenly sluggish. It was a notable change with the upgrade.

6. kooshie

kooshie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I tried to re-root my Maxx again this evening. It was a no-go. I decided to go ahead and reset the device to see if I could root with a clean device. Nope, nada, I get completely through the process but no root. What give? Anyone have any luck that lost root with update to re-root?

7. Abby Normal

Abby Normal Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    My RAZR was set to Global also and I am experience quick loss of battery ...... This is a brand new battery I just installed a little while ago and it was great, I could get almost two days out of a charge now it dies out around 7 at night.

I made the change out of Global and will give it a week or so to see if the battery settles down......

8. pdholtz

pdholtz New Member

Ratings:
    +4
    No problems here, much better since the update!

ForumRunner_20140123_210219.png

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

9. Phone4G

Phone4G New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think mine is better since the update. This is my second day on battery and I'm at 48%. Not much talk time, but that seems really good.

I'm set to Global.

10. nhepler90

nhepler90 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I used the RAZR blade to rewrite official jellybean with a data wipe. Lost all data (was in need of a wipe anyway) rerooted from stock, used voodoo ota root keeper, uninstalled safestrap recovery. Then did the update and restored root.

11. kooshie

kooshie Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I already did the update and lost root so I don't think that would help me.

12. nhepler90

nhepler90 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I had the exact same issue as you. I was previously rooted and did the ota, lost root and couldn't get root back. Look pack to one of my previous posts and you will see. So if you want root restored, I haven't seen anyone find a different method yet.

Search tags for this page

98.72.165 update
98.72.165.en.us update
98.72.165 root
android update 98.72.165.en.us
droid razr update 98.72.165
razr maxx 98.72.165

update 98.72.165.en.us

what is 98.72.165.en.us
will foxfi work on droid update 98.72.165