Droid Razr Maxx upgrade?

Reaction score
I just got an email about participating in a feedback program about new software for my Droid Razr Maxx. Is this legit? Are they going to upgrade Droid Razr Maxx phones to Kit Kat?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

furbymac

Reaction score
The last round of updates was kk so this is most likely the same with a fix for the install issues.

OP
NotreDameFan11
Reaction score
The last round of updates was Jelly Bean on my phone. I haven't checked lately for any updates so I don't know, I will check and see.

OP
NotreDameFan11
Reaction score
I just checked my phone and 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) is what it is on and it says my phone is up to date.

furbymac

Reaction score
Easy grasshopper.....you will know when it is time to update.

Rogus

Reaction score
So, does anybody know what the upgrade is that they are testing?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I usually get soak test invites but have not received on for my Razr Maxx yet. I no longer use the maxx but am still a member of the Motorola Feedback network.

From what I have read, the Razr Maxx (not the confusingly named Droid Maxx) is not supposed to get the Kit Kat update. IIRC, the latest to receive it will be the HD and the Razr M. However, given the popularity of the Razr Maxx, anything is possible.

Where did the email come from? Should have been the "motorola feedback network"

David

OP
NotreDameFan11
Reaction score
Here is a copy of the text of the email and yes it is from the Motorola feedback network.

Hi,

Thanks for joining the Motorola Feedback Network. We are inviting owners of the Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx on Verizon Wireless to participate in an early preview of a new software release, and provide feedback. If you are not currently using a Droid RAZR or Droid RAZR Maxx, please excuse and ignore this email.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

moset

Reaction score
The Droid 4 got invites a few days earlier. Both have about the same specs right?
The HD and M are on 4.3 JB, right?
What are the chances that RAZR would leap frog the HD?
CM 11 was not suppose to be supported on CM11 but there is a snapshot (near stable) release out as of 2 days ago.
Who knows? But I'm not holding my breath that it's Kit Kat. Maybe 4.3?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

stemo

Reaction score
The Droid 4 got invites a few days earlier. Both have about the same specs right?
The HD and M are on 4.3 JB, right?
What are the chances that RAZR would leap frog the HD?
CM 11 was not suppose to be supported on CM11 but there is a snapshot (near stable) release out as of 2 days ago.
Who knows? But I'm not holding my breath that it's Kit Kat. Maybe 4.3?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

My razr m is on 4.1.2. The m and the hd will skip to 4.4