Just got an OTA on my MAXX

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
One thing I noticed, was, I updated when my phone was at 74%, which I know I probably shouldn't have. After the update, my phone claimed it was at 100%. It's currently at 85%, I unplugged it about 6 hours ago and have not touched it. I do have JuiceDefender running in Balanced mode. Additionally, I am on Stock ROM but am not using the Stock Launcher. Instead, I'm using the NEXT Launcher.

As some of you may know, I do have Safestrap installed, which also reports your battery life. I just went into it, and it reported my battery to be at 99%, which is inconsistent with the 85% my phone reports when booted into Stock ROM. I don't know if the inconsistency existed prior to updating last night or not.

How do you re-condition your battery? Just let it drain a few times to dead, then recharge it? I've forgotten.

moset

Reaction score
One thing I noticed, was, I updated when my phone was at 74%, which I know I probably shouldn't have. After the update, my phone claimed it was at 100%. It's currently at 85%, I unplugged it about 6 hours ago and have not touched it. I do have JuiceDefender running in Balanced mode. Additionally, I am on Stock ROM but am not using the Stock Launcher. Instead, I'm using the NEXT Launcher.

As some of you may know, I do have Safestrap installed, which also reports your battery life. I just went into it, and it reported my battery to be at 99%, which is inconsistent with the 85% my phone reports when booted into Stock ROM. I don't know if the inconsistency existed prior to updating last night or not.

How do you re-condition your battery? Just let it drain a few times to dead, then recharge it? I've forgotten.

I must assume you are rooted and that it held through the OTA.
Did you do anything special to keep root?
As best I recall you should run from full charge to at least the warning to charge (15 or 20%) depending if you have maxx. Torn off and charge to full plus one hour. Reboot and repeat.
I read somewhere that doesn't apply to Kit Kat in case you're on CM11. I know Kit Kat handles battery data differently as per GSam.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

moset

Reaction score
As for battery report in Safestrap for me it jumps around and bit.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I must assume you are rooted and that it held through the OTA.
Did you do anything special to keep root?
I lost my root. I'm a n00b at rooting and didn't even bother to learn anything about VooDoo RootKeeper. I'm going to do my homework for next time. I had to re-root using the same method as before (RazrBlade Utility), re-install Safestrap and it worked just fine afterwards. CM was even still installed.

OP
rotordroid

rotordroid

Reaction score
Stock ROM. I recovered root with Voodoo Root Keeper. I have not experienced any degradation in battery performance and wifi_tether still works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

morcguy

Reaction score
Anyone else downloaded this? Release notes indicate a pretty minor update.

Jeff

Phone4G

Reaction score
Got the update early this morning. I did another reboot for good measure. It's only been a day, but if anything the battery is draining slower. Not seeing a problem so far.

JDH

Reaction score
I notice no difference on battery life since update. Been several days so I think it would have surfaced by now.
Note: I charge overnight every night so I start at 100% around 6 am and plug in around 11pm usually still at 50 to 60%.

Jxpinc

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone answered but disabling Motorola services in the app list works for me.
Edit: sorry I thought I was directly replying to one post. If you don't want updates disabling Motorola services will prevent that.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone answered but disabling Motorola services in the app list works for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That helps with the battery life?

What is this app for? Does shutting it down hamper the
phone's performance or functions?

=^ .". ^=

Daballa

Reaction score
Make sure your phone is using LTE/CDMA and not global mode. That will effect battery life. Mine somehow got switched during the update. Menu/system settings/more/mobile network/network mode/LTE_CDMA.

Rogus

Reaction score
Make sure your phone is using LTE/CDMA and not global mode. That will effect battery life. Mine somehow got switched during the update. Menu/system settings/more/mobile network/network mode/LTE_CDMA.

Mine was changed too. Thanks for the post. I wouldn't have thought to check that if you hadn't said something. I hadn't noticed any reduction in battery life, but was curious after reading your post and sure enough mine was now on Global mode.

JDH

Reaction score
I plugged in when I went to bed yesterday: after 16 hours of normal use even a bit of Netflix/chromecast I was at 50% left on the battery. I am very satisfied with that and will mention that my Razr maxx will be 2 years old in May.

JDH

Reaction score
Likewise, I too was set to global. MotoVoodo!