Its been a week n still no OTA UPDATE

tattooz

Reaction score
It's not that great. Trust me.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Any performance improvements?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

It's probably a bit quicker/smoother. Also no lag when typing from home screen to go into quick search. Never misses the first letter like before.

Some new features here and there but nothing I care about.

But basically, the UI is worse in my opinion. Mainly the status bar is dark blue and the status symbols (new mail, text, WIFI, network strength) are harder to read since they are either grey, light blue, or white. The old symbols that were black on white where MUCH better.

Also, menus are black on dull-white (almost grey) instead of the old white on black. I preferred the old scheme.

So it's a big shrug as far as what everyone is making this out to be.
I have to agree with you. I got my phone about 1.5 weeks ago. The day after I got it, I rooted and installed rooted GB. Today, I switched back to 3.8.7. Wasn't impressed and my voicemail always threw errors. Being that it's a work phone, I need my voicemail and phone to work.

etsuHoopsFan

Reaction score
Can you give me info on how you switched it back? After a day of using I have noticed my mobile banking does not work anymore and it says that app is not compatible with my phone now. This is an app I use almost daily. Also I now have to push the power button to get the screen to wake rather than just pushing the space bar, plus a few other quirky things I really don't like about it.

Astaroth

Reaction score
Wait, you could wake with the space bar? I am on Froyo and could never do that.

etsuHoopsFan

Reaction score
Yes. I think I could press any of the keyboard keys and it would wake, but I mainly just hit the space bar. That of course was when it was is unlocked mode. But no more.

whozat451

Reaction score
I actually favor that. With Unlock on Froyo any push of a button would wake the phone. I like that I can only push the top button to wake without having to use the slide lock.