Droid Pro Update

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I gave my wife my Droid Pro back in August when I got a new phone and she has been having problems with it and want to update. I am pretty sure that the phone is still on the old leaked GB update the version is still 2.3.3, so I don't think she will be able to download the new update OTA. I keep checking and it says it is up to date, so just wondering what I should do.

The problem she is having is her multi-touch keyboard keep FC'ing on her and she has to reboot a few times to get it to come back. I have done a full factory reset and the problem still returned. So if the phone is still on that 2.3.3 leak it is a couple behind right? The only SBF that will work for me now is the one for 2.3.3 but that won't do me any good because I still won't be able to do the OTA right?

Am I going to have to download the update zip and manually update this phone from now on? Or is there an earlier SBF that will work and get me back to a state where the OTA will come through? Sorry this is kind of a lot of questions but I have not worked on this phone in a long time, don't even have any of the SBF files for it. Waiting to here back from DEV over at XDA for the links.

OP
Sydman

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know no one replied to this, but just in case someone else has this problem I will post what I did.

I used the Froyo SBF 2.26.20 to go from the old leaked GB update to very stock Froyo (Man did that look old and outdated having been on GB for so long).

So from there I did a factory reset just to keep things clear, and then updated the phone OTA 4 times and got the phone to the latest version. Hopefully my wife's issue with the keyboard not working will go away, and also the keyboard back light not working well should be fixed too.

nanohead

Reaction score
The last update actually solves most of the problems, including the keyboard backlight. I participated in the soak test, and it actually made substantial performance improvements, as well as reliability.

I had a problem with battery life initially after the update, but I ran the battery down to dead, then did a full all night charge, and it runs great now.

3kakr4

Reaction score
I gave my wife my Droid Pro back in August when I got a new phone and she has been having problems with it and want to update. I am pretty sure that the phone is still on the old leaked GB update the version is still 2.3.3, so I don't think she will be able to download the new update OTA. I keep checking and it says it is up to date, so just wondering what I should do.

The problem she is having is her multi-touch keyboard keep FC'ing on her and she has to reboot a few times to get it to come back. I have done a full factory reset and the problem still returned. So if the phone is still on that 2.3.3 leak it is a couple behind right? The only SBF that will work for me now is the one for 2.3.3 but that won't do me any good because I still won't be able to do the OTA right?

Am I going to have to download the update zip and manually update this phone from now on? Or is there an earlier SBF that will work and get me back to a state where the OTA will come through? Sorry this is kind of a lot of questions but I have not worked on this phone in a long time, don't even have any of the SBF files for it. Waiting to here back from DEV over at XDA for the links.

Hello,

I just downgraded from 2.3.4 (4.7.3) to 2.3.3 (4.6.8) to root my phone, and then after rooting, received the OTA update back up to 2.3.4 (4.7.3). Long story short, here's the link to the 2.3.3 SBF that just allowed me to receive OTA.

https://sites.google.com/site/motosbf/droid-pro-sbf-files

you should be able to just flash the sbf from the link, putting you back stock, and OTA up to the latest version.

Good luck.