No official work from VZW about gingerbread for DROID pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Haha yup. Just saying. All these phones that got gingerbread are all jailbroken, rooted, or hacked in someway

Sent from my DROID PRO

If that's what you think than you clearly haven't been paying any attention.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
I have yet to receive ANY kind of update on any one of my android phones without VZW saying it is rolling out first

Sent from my DROID PRO

rza49311

Reaction score
^^ so you must be the official update release person then eh? C'mon now, just because you don't have it yet doesn't mean a thing. You have basically been unlucky.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I have yet to receive ANY kind of update on any one of my android phones without VZW saying it is rolling out first

Sent from my DROID PRO

Two colleagues that don't even know what rooting is received the update two days ago. I know this because I was standing there doing it for them. Updated both just fine, and was never rooted.

Why can't you just update using the zip file or buy the TBH app for 2.99 and get GB with root? Why does it even matter if you use the verizon pushed file? Get over it.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Buy an app for 3 bucks just for an update? Riigghhhtttt!!! And I have no interest in rooting my phone or anything like that. Im not a phone nerd

Sent from my DROID PRO

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am not rooted and I surely didn't pay for an app nor did I get the OTA update from Verizon but I still have it. Download the file posted as others are talking about and follow instructions and you can have it just like everyone else. Don't have to be a phone nerd to place a file on your SD card and reboot the phone and let the phone do the work.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Im not any kind of nerd and don't know the first thing about grabbing files and ****

Sent from my DROID PRO

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well then wait for Vzw to spoon feed it to you when they are good and ready to and stop complaining about it. All these people here are just trying to give you options and you don't want to try any of them. They will roll it out to everyone eventually.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Buy an app for 3 bucks just for an update? Riigghhhtttt!!! And I have no interest in rooting my phone or anything like that. Im not a phone nerd

Sent from my DROID PRO

And you do know, as several people have pointed out, that you can download the actual OTA update from Verizon and install it without root or anything like that here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/151082-2-3-3-gingerbread-ota-update-zip-file-download.html

Doing that is exactly like downloading it directly from Verizon.

If you are too scared to do anything to get Gingerbread now, that's fine. Just wait for Verizon to send it to you. Everyone has tried to help you out with several options, and you seem dead set on trying to sh*t on any help. If you don't want any help, stop complaining about it. It's extremely childish.

ImaDroidPro

Reaction score
Officially VZW and Moto have pulled the GB update for the DROID Pro! After the DROID X bricking issue with GB Moto pulled it and it'll be at least 3 weeks before it is officially released for download. It is next n line though before the D2 and D2 Global!

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

byoshi22

Reaction score
Officially VZW and Moto have pulled the GB update for the DROID Pro! After the DROID X bricking issue with GB Moto pulled it and it'll be at least 3 weeks before it is officially released for download. It is next n line though before the D2 and D2 Global!

ImaDroidPro, Im not doubting you. I have no reason to but if you don't mind me asking where did you find this out from. Thanks.

heyyclifford

Reaction score

So no more update for the droid pro users? Or are they gonna fix the bugs then roll em out as soon as the bugs are fixed?

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Where did you hear this from?

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
I try downloading the file from my phone and it always says download failed not supported on this phone

Sent from my DROID PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.