OTA GB here!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by mbd4524, Oct 12, 2011.

1. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    I'm not sure what software you're talking about, but the fastest way I can think of to get those two files is to post a thread on this and other forums requesting someone send you a copy (apk) of them. Then you can copy/paste them back into your app folder. However, you will have to root again to do that. Then you can unroot and try the update again. I'm not a root guru, so maybe someone else can offer a better suggestion.

2. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where can I get full list of droid pro apps? I want to compare the list to my current apps, and then try to get the missing ones.

Thx in advance

3. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    If you want to install the original software, you'll need to flash the SBF. It will actually be the quickest way to get things going probably (especially since you're not exactly sure what apps you need, and given that it's a Saturday night so you might have to wait awhile for anyone to post any of them). It's a very quick and easy process (as long as you follow the instructions exactly). After you flash it, do a factory reset, and your phone will be back to it's original state:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/112314-official-droid-pro-sbf-tbh.html

4. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, I did everything, but as I see the version of this software is older then the version I had [2.2 vs 2.2.1]. and now the update is to a newer version but not the 4.8.6. maybe it's all about the process, and I need to update twice. anyway thx for the help. I have managed to do everything right.

Thx a lot

5. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +754
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Correct. There is no SBF for the most recent OTA update, or even for the last OTA update. This is an older build of the software, but it's a safety net for any problems that arise. I believe this SBF is from an update that came out around the beginning of the year. Then there was another update around April. So yes, you should have two updates after flashing the SBF. The second one should be the recent Gingerbread update. It's a bit of a pain to have to apply two updates after flashing, but at least the option is there to be able to recover a phone with it.

6. michaelph23

michaelph23 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just finished the last update. Looks ok. Thx everyone.

7. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Senior Member

Ratings:
    +61
    It's late, bsweetness has a better idea...sbf for sure.

8. abce

abce New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    could some one put the update on megaupload or other place to download it plz

thanks !!!

9. nailbomb3

nailbomb3 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I concur, that would be most useful.

My sister has a Pro and I've checked several times over the last few days to see if I can pull the OTA, and its not showing up. I figured I could
    just update.zip it in stock recovery.

10. frpst9

frpst9 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Two points/items:

1. I have a copy of the GB OTA that I grabbed from /cache - I can upload somewhere if there's interest
    2. The update is failing for me. If I try to update in stock recovery (after renaming update.zip), I get the following error:

assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/app/CityID.apk", "long series of numbers", "long series of numbers") E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip (Status 7) Installation aborted.

I had previously uninstalled CityID.apk, but restored it via a Titanium Backup that I took prior to removal, so the file is there. Any additional help on this would be great.

11. chrisc2u

chrisc2u New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be much appreciated if you would upload the GB update.zip. My brother and I are still waiting for the OTA. I will let you know if I get the same error so you can rule out a corrupted install. Thanks in advance.

12. chaihg

chaihg Member

Ratings:
    +1
    U cannot push files and then update. Flash the sbf and then apply update. Motorola is smarter than u and knows that u already tampered with its system apks.

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Search tags for this page
3.8.7.xt610.verizon.en.us
abce ota
alps gingerbread ota updater missing
android 4.6.8 download
blur version.3.8.7.xt610.verizon.en.us.zip

content not owned android

droid pro 4.6.8 download

droid pro 4.6.8 update.zip

ota gb
update from 3.87 to 4.6.8