No official work from VZW about gingerbread for DROID pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotkoko

Reaction score
Since there is no word yet from VZW or Motorola about the pro getting gingerbread anytime soon I dont know how ppl got an OTA update. I still haven't gotten mine. Just like with DROID 1. Everyone claimed to have gotten froyo OTA. But they didn't UNTIL it was officially announced by VZW.

Sent from my DROID PRO

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
No official word yet

Sent from my DROID PRO

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Since there is no word yet from VZW or Motorola about the pro getting gingerbread anytime soon I dont know how ppl got an OTA update. I still haven't gotten mine. Just like with DROID 1. Everyone claimed to have gotten froyo OTA. But they didn't UNTIL it was officially announced by VZW.

Sent from my DROID PRO

It's coming. Don't worry. I haven't received mine either. These things take time. The Droid X update started rolling out before it was announced by Verizon as well. Just because they haven't officially said it's coming out doesn't mean that it's not slowly making it's way around. Just be patient...or install the file from here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...gingerbread-ota-update-zip-file-download.html

Or grab the rooted version from the Black Hat.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
No official word yet

Sent from my DROID PRO

You seem very doubtful that people are getting the update. I can assure you some of us are getting it. I've never been able to understand how it gets rolled out, but its rolling out, official announcement or not.

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
I guess only time will tell. All I know is that the very same thing happend when I had my DROID 1

Sent from my DROID PRO

kjjb0204

Reaction score
I guess only time will tell. All I know is that the very same thing happend when I had my DROID 1

Sent from my DROID PRO

Never had the original DROID, so don't know about that, but if you check any android forum you'll see people are indeed getting the update.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Sent from my DROID PRO

Never had the original DROID, so don't know about that, but if you check any android forum you'll see people are indeed getting the update.

Indeed. As kjjb0204 said, it's slowly making it's way around.

This is the pattern of Android updates from Verizon. A few people get it, and then it gradually spreads out to others. I'm sure it's a way of trying not to overload their servers, and of doing a little additional testing in case there's a major bug. Don't take it personally that you haven't received the update yet. It will come.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
Yeah. Same thing happend with DROID 1. Ppl were claiming they were getting an update for days then suddenly, vzw made a statement saying that they have not yet started to roll out froyo update OTA. And to not believe what is being said on internet. They said when an update rolls out VZW will let ppl know

Sent from my DROID PRO

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Yeah. Same thing happend with DROID 1. Ppl were claiming they were getting an update for days then suddenly, vzw made a statement saying that they have not yet started to roll out froyo update OTA. And to not believe what is being said on internet. They said when an update rolls out VZW will let ppl know

Sent from my DROID PRO

Ok. Believe what you want to believe. The actual update, pulled by someone who received it from Verizon, is sitting just a few threads below this one. Pictures of all parts of the upgraded OS are all over the internet, and there are several people who have received it and are able to detail various parts of it.

It's being released slowly whether you want to believe that or not. Just quit posting multiple threads saying it's not real and keep your doubts in one thread.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
There were pictures of the DROID 1 froyo update also that weren't real. I have two friends that are managers at VZW and Verizon and they both said when I asked them don't believe anything unless u hear it from VZW

Sent from my DROID PRO

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
There were pictures of the DROID 1 froyo update also that weren't real. I have two friends that are managers at VZW and Verizon and they both said when I asked them don't believe anything unless u hear it from VZW

Sent from my DROID PRO

Hey, feel free to keep on believing that. It's obvious that no amount of facts will convince you otherwise.

And typically, Verizon managers know next to nothing about the actual tech side of all of this. Stores are the last to know about this sort of thing. I have a friend who works on the corporate tech side of Verizon - the side that does know about this sort of thing first because they have to approve it - and I told him more about the Droid 3 than he knew a couple months ago. That just goes to show that even though someone works in a high position for a company doesn't mean they know about everything that's going on. That's especially the case for a large company like Verizon.

Believe what you want.

theory87

Reaction score
I can't decide if OP is trolling or if he/she really is convinced that there's a conspiracy of people pretending to have received an update... although I am unsure why such a conspiracy would possibly form.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
WHAH!!!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO

Good that you have a sense of humor about it. Fact is, I have the update and have been running it since Tuesday. So have many others. What would you like to see? I can take some photos of any screen you want, I can take a video of navigating the phone for you, showing gingerbread.

It's real, and it's spectacular.

OP
H

hotkoko

Reaction score
I DON'T CARE. I only believe things when I see them

Sent from my DROID PRO

Status
Not open for further replies.