Been patient for OTA 2.3 upgrade - any updates from Moto or Verizon?

DroidUserName23

Reaction score
When this update was announced about a month ago, I waited patiently. My family with the Droid X got the update almost immediately. Some Droid Pro people got their updates and soon a version of the Over the Air (OTA) update was released on this forum.

The other thread relating to this update has gotten a little too focused on how to install the update that was shared in that thread. By contrast, the point of this thread is to update members on the prospects of an actual OTA update.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No updates so far.

It was never officially announced. The release that some users received and that's been posted appeared to be a test run of sorts. Before that one came out, a Motorola rep on the official Motorola forums said that the Droid Pro's Gingerbread update was targeted for release in Q3. That post was subsequently edited to remove the references to the update (and updates for other Motorola Droid phones). There hasn't been any further chatter about a full-fledged release since.

theory87

Reaction score
Part of me wonders if they didn't decide to stop the update in order to encourage people to buy new phones. I understand if I receive the label of conspiracy theorist for this thought. ;-)

kiwimalayalee

Reaction score
some few chosen people did get the update that was authorized by moto, google n verizon.... the few were randomly chosen from a list of candidates who had applied for a soak test arranged at supportforums.motorola dot com, its so sad the official GB isnt out yet.... and i heard there is no difference between the two(official OTA and the update.zip)... they have the same version numbers.... donno if verizon is going to release a better built of whats out in the wild, maybe there were running trials to check for bugs...
hope theres a clear answer soon.....

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I received the OTA and I never signed up for a soak test...I think it was random.