Is anyone the tiniest bit jealous of the iPhone 4s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Not impressed by the iphone 4s. Hardware wise it is 6-8 months old, with the exception of the 64 GB model. iOS 5 implements cloud features that aren't new, notification features which are two years too late, and a voice recognition app/feature which I hold no interest in personally. I asked my aunt n uncle (who are die hard apple fans) the usefulness of asking a phone what time it is in paris. My aunt responded 'its good for the blind' and my uncle said 'its great for texting while driving'.

/facepalm

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Czer you know what's most hilarious about that article? Voice dictation has been around for quite a long time on computers. Voice commands have been around for several tech generations in the "pre smartphone" era of phones. And yet, none of this seems to matter. Because Apple didn't do it yet.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Czer you know what's most hilarious about that article? Voice dictation has been around for quite a long time on computers. Voice commands have been around for several tech generations in the "pre smartphone" era of phones. And yet, none of this seems to matter. Because Apple didn't do it yet.

you're right of course, I was just linking the article because of the dates and how close they were. As far as voice commands, yeah I had them on my Motorola v60 haha...but i think its fair to say that what Siri does is not something to be scoffed at either.

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Wow... can't I appreciate both? Just trying to keep an open mind here. o_O
Uh oh. And I'm also one of those who appreciates Apple and Android. Though my own HP laptop is getting standby time that puts it around a Macbook's level...5-6 hours of constant music playing?
Guess I better duck and run!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Uh oh. And I'm also one of those who appreciates Apple and Android. Though my own HP laptop is getting standby time that puts it around a Macbook's level...5-6 hours of constant music playing?
Guess I better duck and run!

Let me know if you'd like a job with Apple or Verizon...I am the hiring manager for both.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im not going take one side or the other about the jealous thing, but im going to say that this picture from the keynote made me chuckle: View attachment 41009 Without any enhancements id say this picture with a line through it would still look the same....a shady part and a brighter part. o_O

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
Iphone 4s has notifications .. im jealous!!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DROID11

Reaction score
Hell no. I don't need to make greeting cards from my phone. That is the only thing it has on my 'bolt. Not saying the 4s is s bad phone, it is just an OK phone. I don't get how it took apple a year and a half to make a slight very slight upgrade to its current phone. This is like going from a Droid x to a Droid x2. It would be OK if apple was releasimg multiple phones on multiple carriers, but they aren't. Just shows manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and moto are all WAY ahead of apple in the phone game.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hell no. I don't need to make greeting cards from my phone. That is the only thing it has on my 'bolt. Not saying the 4s is s bad phone, it is just an OK phone. I don't get how it took apple a year and a half to make a slight very slight upgrade to its current phone. This is like going from a Droid x to a Droid x2. It would be OK if apple was releasimg multiple phones on multiple carriers, but they aren't. Just shows manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, and moto are all WAY ahead of apple in the phone game.

There's been an app to send printed greeting cards in the android market for a while now . . nothing new.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haha well in that case the iPhone 4S is a flop.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

sales will tell another story though. Sure maybe it's not up to our standards here in the forum but I guarantee it will be the top selling phone for the next year.

OP
rwking

rwking

Reaction score
sales will tell another story though. Sure maybe it's not up to our standards here in the forum but I guarantee it will be the top selling phone for the next year.

Definitely agree. People go "ape" over Apple stuff. I can't remember the last time they released a product that was a flop. Can you? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.